• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ixslr8
    Unwashed
    • Jan 2014

powder/powders for 123gr sst

hi guys, i'm new to the 6.5 grendel and was looking for some powder advice. i've got some hornady brass and the 123 gr sst. Some of the powders that seem to be the most popular i've never seen around here so i was looking for as many good options as possible, hoping to find something in stock when i head to san antonio in the next few weeks. It seems the imr 8208 and aa 2520 are popular?
  • explorecaves

There is a search box in the top right corner of the forum. CFE223 seems to be one of the most popular right now with the 120+gr pills. Leverevolution looks to track pretty close to CFE223. And as you have noted, 8208 is also being used.

Also check out www.ar15buildbox.com for the grendel reloading handbooks. These are an invaluable asset with this round.

Comment

• Kikn
      Warrior
      • Nov 2011

CFE223 is the new darling. I haven't loaded anything with it yet but many others have with good success. I'm still trying to find it out in the wild... it seems to be quite allusive in my area... but I did find it once a few months ago but didn't have enough room under my motorcycle jacket to fit it and the 5 other powders I had already.

Comment

• ixslr8
        Unwashed
        • Jan 2014

i saw the cfe223 at a local wal mart a few months ago, but that time i had no use for it. ok i'll add that to list to look for.

Comment

• ixslr8
          Unwashed
          • Jan 2014

Originally posted by explorecaves View Post
          There is a search box in the top right corner of the forum. CFE223 seems to be one of the most popular right now with the 120+gr pills. Leverevolution looks to track pretty close to CFE223. And as you have noted, 8208 is also being used.

Also check out www.ar15buildbox.com for the grendel reloading handbooks. These are an invaluable asset with this round.
          i ordered the handbook yesterday, just didnt know if id have it before i left town and wanted to be a little proactive in my search, thanks for the heads up.

Comment

• waveslayer
            Warrior
            • Jan 2013

PM me tomorrow. I am doing a load work up tomorrow with the 123 SST bullets and CFE...

Comment

• Drifter
              Chieftain
              • Mar 2011

AR-Comp
              Drifter

Comment

• ragedracer1977

Originally posted by ixslr8 View Post
                i saw the cfe223 at a local wal mart a few months ago, but that time i had no use for it. ok i'll add that to list to look for.
                Your walmart sells reloading supplies? That's pretty freaking awesome.

Comment

• ixslr8
                  Unwashed
                  • Jan 2014

Originally posted by ragedracer1977 View Post
                  Your walmart sells reloading supplies? That's pretty freaking awesome.
                  yes sir, its just pretty basic, imr/hodgdon powders, a few primers, bullets and dies. what they do have can be significantly cheaper than the lgs.

Comment

FYI

Now that the bullets are getting to the members here I would like to start this new thread specifically to capture our field results and hone in on what works. To do this well, we need the following information. Powder Charge Weight Case Primer COL Barrel Chamber Make Length Twist Chronograph Model Average Velocity Number

I've been using both 8208 and the CFE223 with the 123SST. The CFE223 is working a little better for me but I'm still experimenting.
                    Last edited by Guest; 02-04-2014, 02:41 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X