Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mccuistion

Leverevolution load data

Hey guys, i know there have been some posts regarding LVR but everything I've found is for 123g bullets. As far as load data for LVR and CFE i see almost identical loads... would you guys consider it alright to work up a load starting 10% below lowest posted data for CFE since. I only ask since the data I've seen is so close and CFE #103 and LVR is #104 on the Hodgdon burn rate chart.

See Volume 2 of the 6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbook:
    • Page 86 -- 120 gr Nosler Ballistic Tip
    • Page 88 -- 123 gr Hornady A-Max
    • Page 89 -- 123 gr Hornady SST
    • Page 90 -- 129 gr Hornady SST
    • Page 91 -- 130 gr Sierra Gameking HPBT
    • Page 91 -- 130 gr Swift Scirocco

The bias toward the heavier commonly used bullets suggests that LEVERevolution likes heavier bullets in the Grendel.

Comment

You might finds this thread worth a read.

FYI, I emailed Hodgdon with questions about using CFE223 & LeveRevolution with the Grendel. I was somewhat surprised by their response. My email: Dear Sir I’ve been using CFE223 when reloading for the 6.5 Grendel with good results, thank you. Because of the current shortages of CFE223 I was going to try

Comment

• Drifter
        Chieftain
        • Mar 2011

Originally posted by mccuistion View Post
        As far as load data for LVR and CFE i see almost identical loads...
        While the powders are not exactly the same, their performance seems identical in my experience. In other words, the same charge weight with the same bullet yields the same velocity.
        Drifter

Comment

Bwild97 got 2740fps from his 24" using LVR under the 123gr SST. I have some, but haven't done any work with it yet.

Comment

• XcountryRider

Its been in stock almost constantly for weeks.

Comment

• seatleroadwr

I get around 2600 fps with a 22" barrel and the 123 grain sst with now pressure signs. I could go higher but the load I use is the most accurate for my gun. I extended the throat of my chamber so the COL is 2.2780 with the bullet .024" off the lands. The load is CCI 450 primers and 31.7 grains of LVR. Be careful with that load if you have a standard chamber because you will probably have higher pressures than my rifle produces.

Comment

Working...
              X