Any one familiar with T322 powder ,later called T32 ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • arnie
    Warrior
    • Nov 2013

Any one familiar with T322 powder ,later called T32 ?

I have an 8 pound jug of this old surplus powder that was the holy grail for precision bench rest shooters in 6 ppc . Originally it was a batch of 8208 surplus that was found by one of the founders of the PPC cartridge . I think AA LT32 is supposed to be close to this ,also the new IMR 8208. I have been using it in my 223 ar for 77 and 80 grain bullets out to 600 yards with good accuracy .I tried it in my 6.5 Sporter (Grendel ?) It was very accurate single feeding but every third shot or so the action didn't lock back but every case ejected ok .Looking at the primers I'm thinking I don't want to go up any higher in pressure . I'm guessing this powder is too fast and isn't cycling the action because the pressure must be dropping by the time it reaches my (24 inch) rifle length gas port. Im going to try some LT32 and 8208 when I get the chance .
  • sneaky one
    Chieftain
    • Mar 2011

arnie, welcome to the gang.
    I remember reading of this powder, it is getting pretty old now, in the jug. It's probably starting to degrade in and upon itself.= a fail one every other shot at a time.

Bang them thru the .223 to use it up. You should have that 6.5 sporter checked out-to be sure it's up to snuff as far as the Saami chamber specs for the True Grendel chamber, are concerned.
    Better safe than,,,

I pm'ed Bill A., 2 yrs. ago- I mentioned that I found a cache of RL 12-made in 1999. He did not think it was worth the effort. I left it on the shelf.

Everyone likes the new 8208, and the cfe-223. Plenty of good hrs. of reading here on the new powders.
    Last edited by sneaky one; 12-17-2013, 11:55 PM.

Comment

• VASCAR2
      Chieftain
      • Mar 2011

I have an old Speer reloading manual from around 1981 and a Hornady manual number 3 and neither listed this powder in their burn chart.

Comment

• rasp65
        Warrior
        • Mar 2011

arnie There is some t-322 info in this article http://bulletin.accurateshooter.com/...ng-in-january/

Comment

Working...
        X