• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dammitman
    Warrior
    • Dec 2012

suppressor use loading

i am probably buying a AAC762-SDN-6 suppressor and it just occurred to me that from reading all the reviews on it, i bet that the folks who lost accuracy after reajusting for point of impact maybe just needed to find a new load for use with the unit mounted. i am all in for trying new load ideas and i can see how mounting a 20 ounce 7.66 long can on the end of my barrel might require tweaking or changing alot of a load for the desired results. what do you think? (looking for confirmation but open to real harsh responces)
  • Lead Chucker

I didnt see a change when I mounted my cyclone on mine. If anything it just got better. I havnt changed my load any, but now I never shoot without the suppressor so when working up a new load the suppressor is used. Now thats just my rifle, im not saying that will be the case with all. The only way to see is to mount it up and try it to see. If groups open up, then you will need to tweak load, or they may get even tighter. Usually from what I have seen is groups get smaller with a suppressor. Like you said, when you mount weight on the end of your barrel your changing the harmonics of the barrel, some for the best and some that are not.

Comment

Working...
    X