X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Sputnik
    Warrior
    • May 2013

Thank you guys so much! It worked great. I should have asked sooner. You would not believe how I struggled with this. I can understand the Hornady ballistics calculator just fine. Others I have looked and were just too confusing. They were the free ones I Googled, and basically they tried to tell me how to build the watch and I just wanted to know the time. Trying to figure it out manually got me dizzy. This is all in preparation to site in my new 20 inch Precision Firearms Grendel upper with my Leatherwood M-1000 ART scope. They work on the 250 Meter zero for the camputer to do it's thing. Now, the thing I have to do is validate the 450 camputer setting that tech support says I need. They suggest shooting a group at 100 yards trying to aim using the first tick mark above the center of the reticle at 100 yards to be close at 250 meters. That means they expect it to shoot a tick mark high at 100 yards which is pretty close to 3.6 inches. I was surprised to see that the calculator says 200 yards is a bit higher; as the trajectory starts to come down to zero at 250 meters (273 yards). At 300 yards the POI is right at -2.4 inches (low), which is the scope/barrel difference. Visualizing the trajectory, that makes sense.

Comment

• SG4247
      Warrior
      • Aug 2013

Originally posted by Sputnik View Post
      Thank you guys so much! It worked great. I should have asked sooner. You would not believe how I struggled with this. I can understand the Hornady ballistics calculator just fine. Others I have looked and were just too confusing. They were the free ones I Googled, and basically they tried to tell me how to build the watch and I just wanted to know the time. Trying to figure it out manually got me dizzy. This is all in preparation to site in my new 20 inch Precision Firearms Grendel upper with my Leatherwood M-1000 ART scope. They work on the 250 Meter zero for the camputer to do it's thing. Now, the thing I have to do is validate the 450 camputer setting that tech support says I need. They suggest shooting a group at 100 yards trying to aim using the first tick mark above the center of the reticle at 100 yards to be close at 250 meters. That means they expect it to shoot a tick mark high at 100 yards which is pretty close to 3.6 inches. I was surprised to see that the calculator says 200 yards is a bit higher; as the trajectory starts to come down to zero at 250 meters (273 yards). At 300 yards the POI is right at -2.4 inches (low), which is the scope/barrel difference. Visualizing the trajectory, that makes sense.
      Hornadys calculator actually works very well.

I sight my rifle at 200 yards on the bench rest range that has 100, 200 and 300 yard target frames.

Then in competition we shoot steel plates on a different range at 100,150,200,300,385 and 500 meters!

Hornadys calculator allows me to enter the rifles zero in yards, which I convert to meters, and it works perfectly when I ask it for the POI in METERS for all six distances we shoot in the match.

I even use their calculator with my iPhone.

Glenn
      NRA F-Class Mid Range High Master

Comment

Working...
      X