Chrony opinions/Problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chrony opinions/Problems

I know everyone has their favorites but here's the dilemma I'm facing.

Friend bought me a Shooting Chrony F1 3 weeks ago to test his loads and others.

The Shooting Chrony shuts off after a minute or 2 and sometimes throws an error code.

I tried calling the company on 4 different days at different times, no answer 3 times a Busy signal (Really?) once.

I can still return it to Midway because there is still time.

I was think if they wont answer me now, what if it happens again? So I might change to the Comp Pro digital or upgrade to another model of Chrony to get more features.

1. Is the Chrony brand worth the hassle and I just got a fluke bad unit?

2. Is the Comp Brand any better and does the pro digital have more features?

The F1 looked to only have Velocity, no ES or SD, No memory. Does anyone know if thats true or is there a way to unlock the ES, SD etc.? I read something about a remote but wasnt clear.

Is there a way to save and export the data on the Pro-Digital so I can keep a record?

Thanks in Advance for any insight. My buddy told me he'd buy what we needed but I dont want him to buy anything we dont need.

I know this doesn't answer your questions but I have no experience with the brands you mentioned. I have a RCBS Ammomaster and even though the reviews aren't great I have had great luck with mine and am extremely satisfied. A lot of the gripes I read are user error anyway, like complaining about it blowing over in the wind, give me a break.

Comment

• CPT.CRAZY
      Warrior
      • Feb 2012

I have the pro comp, no problems with it other than it eats batteties.
      sigpic

Comment

• waveslayer
        Warrior
        • Jan 2013

I have the Chrony shooting master, I love it. I make sure to unplug the battery every time I pack it away. Original battery since 2010... as for SD etc. I use an app on my phone to do all of that, my humble opinion.

Comment

I have a F1 and have had the same problem. I don't know how your's is set up or the conditions in which it's being used, but mine doesn't like direct sunlight. Once it's shaded, my problem went away.

Thanks, Dinny

Comment

I tried it in several different places, times because I thought it was the sun messing with it but it didnt change anything.

Comment

• flemdoug
              Unwashed
              • Feb 2013

I have had a very good experience with the Competition Elect ProChrono Digital.
              Pros:
              1. Very consistent
              2. Works fine in the sun with the diffusers in place
              3. The only time it has passed the 'Err' message has been explainable (i.e. setting it up slightly diagonal causing the bullet path to probably miss one of the sensors)
              4. Interface is intuitive and easily mastered in one session (I've never had to refer to the manual since).
              5. The digital usb/software interface was easy to set up and worked as expected

Cons:
              So far, my entire experience has been good.

This youtube review, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eVrTEI9hgqM , compares the Crony F1 and the ProChrono Digital. (I don't think the review on the Crony was quite fair, but my experience with the ProChrono Digital were identical to his)

p.s.
              As I was writing this post, I received an email from Midwayusa that they have the ProChrono Digital on sale for $99.

Comment

Working...
              X