• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • shooter545
    Warrior
    • Aug 2012

20" Range Report

I have been working with my AA 20" for a couple of months now and have had some fair results with it. I got out to the range a while ago but work has kept me pretty busy and haven't had time to post anything. I have been using Lapua brass and the powders that I happened to have on hand. I still want to try CFE and 8208.

These loads seem to be very promising.
    [IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

More to follow.

What was the 120 grain bullet on second target?

Comment

With his previous load of AA2520 on the first target, he used the 123 Hdy Amax. Would be willing to bet that is what it is on the 30.0 gr load as well. A little hard to read but an un educated guess......

Comment

• shooter545
        Warrior
        • Aug 2012

ricsmall: it was a 120gr Hornady AMAX. My .260 likes them so I thought I would try it in the Grendel. Not as good a BC as the 123gr Hornady AMAX but it seems to shoot well and it doesn't seem to be picky about powders.

mwilkins:it was the 30.0gr load of AA2520. My scanner is acting a little goofy right now, that I was scribbling in a hurry.

Comment

Nice 100yd and 200yd groups. Do you know what velocities you are getting with those loads?

Comment

• shooter545
            Warrior
            • Aug 2012

LRRPF52: no haven't chronoed them yet was looking for accuracy nodes to start. Now that I think I'm close I'm going to get chrono data on them all. I was really lucky on the 30.0gr AA2520 120gr HDY AMAX load. I looked over a bunch of data and that one seemed to me that it would be one that might work. That load also seems to have potential in the 123gr HDY AMAX. The TAC seems to be close to getting good results which is nice as I have a good bit of it. I used to use AA2520 in my .308 loads and was happy with it until I found TAC; just happened to have a 1LB canister of AA2520 when I started this little science project, now I need to find more. I should be back on the range this weekend with the chronograph. Also got in today 500 Nosler 123gr Custom Competion and 500 107gr SMK that will need some work as well.

More to follow.

Comment

• shooter545
              Warrior
              • Aug 2012

Turns out I was wrong, I did chrono the 30.0gr AA2520 120gr HDY AMAX load. I did it on a day I was chronoing .260 Rem loads and it was in that binder. It is the only ones that I have done so far.
              AV=2563
              ES=11
              SD=4.4

Comment

Showing a lot of promise, keep us posted as you progress.

Comment

Working...
                X