• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • pds
    Warrior
    • Dec 2012

Alliant MR2000 power and the Grendel.

I just picked up a pound of Alliant MR2000 powder and was wondering if any forum members have worked up loads and done velocity measurements in the Grendel? It is a spherical type powder very similar to CFE in grain shape and size. 30 grs. of MR fill a fire formed case to the same level as 30 grs. of CFE. I believe its faster on the burn rate chart than CFE but slower than RL15. Any info would be very much appreciated.
    pds

You will find most of the data that I have collected for Alliant PowerPro 2000MR Here!Grendel Data DropBox

The burn rate for PP2kMR is closer to H414, I would say somewhere between H380 and H414. CFE223 is quite a bit denser than PP2kMR.

NOTE ON PRIMERS: Primers named as: S&B = Sellier-Bellot (Large Rifle Primers) : WLR = Winchester Large Rifle : 7.62NATO (Tulammo Large Rifle). Primers not named here are small rifle. Much of the data here has been collected with fire formed 7.62x39 brass, there is some data collected using the (large primer pocket) Wolf brass. please keep that in mind when looking through this data. Loadings that indicate a small rifle primer were collected from either Hornady brass or Lapua brass.
    Last edited by Guest; 07-23-2013, 07:35 PM.

Comment

• pds
      Warrior
      • Dec 2012

Bwild,
      Thank you for your reply and the info.

The burn rate for PP2kMR is closer to H414, I would say somewhere between H380 and H414. CFE223 is quite a bit denser than PP2kMR.

If I fill a fire formed AA case with CFE it holds 38.8 grs. vs 38.3 grs 2000MR in the same case so the 2000MR is not as dense per your observation. Againthanks for the info.
      pds

Comment

Working...
      X