availability of Powder and Primers revisited

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• availability of Powder and Primers revisited

Does Bruno's have the market cornered on both powder and primers?

In most cases while looking for powder, Bruno's has a very good selection of in stock items but you pay for them. In some cases, I have found a $7 difference between Bruno's and PowderValley on one pound tubs but....... Bruno's has it in stock and you can get it now. Not having to wait a month or longer for a shipment.

The same can be said for primers. Looking for other sources, most seem to be hit or miss on in stock items. Lately, Cabela's has had on the shelf items but if you are not lucky enough to be there when they get stocked, it disappears rather quickly. I have been fortunate enough to get a lot of what I was looking for off the shelf and not having to pay for a hazmat shipping fee.
  • Sputnik
    Warrior
    • May 2013

I think that most of us don't feel that desperate to pay those excessively high costs, and are hopeful that availability increases soon.

Comment

• sneaky one
      Chieftain
      • Mar 2011

Items are showing up here & there more often weekly-just hang tight.
      This last week, I saw a many uppers, & complete rifles @ Fleet Farm's site , for the Huldra guns=from MN =Adams arms-Brainerd mn.
      This is a HUGE step forward- toward any type of normalcy. I used to be called the most optimistic guy on the web===get what you need now.
      I still feel okay for about 3 months, then we''ll see what pops up. Never overpay for any thing-it's just a greed feed to the idiotic stores we buy from.
      They can wait-suffer for what they cry to us-me weekly about supply & demand BS. This can be transferred over to the greedy oil market speculators also.
      Time for some real change here-Regulate oil & gas prices again.
      Sorry, yet the oil ind. is involved in the Gunpowder ind.-==petroleum distillate' s. It is so sick, how the greedy ones think -as to how --we will buy how much gas-powder, & @ what price point?
      I'm still thinking of boogin to New Zealand.

Hey, Detroit went for Bankrupcy today=nice....

Comment

• hill.brandonj

Lots o primers here. Now powder. Local store. Bought a brick and half of CCI450. Regular price.

Comment

The "local" store here in tallahassee just jacked their prices up to $70 /1000 for all primers. The only powders they had were magnum rifle class and had gone from 29.99 to 32 or 33, cant remember. I wont buy from them when I can order from powder valley later at 20 bucks a pound. Anyway it was good to see some primers in stock somewhere. There is a gun show this weekend, so maybe ill have more luck there. BTW, I dont think the LGS is trying to gouge, his cost may have actually gone up. Just sayin'.

Comment

• hill.brandonj

Oh no. These are well. I think tax in. I paid under sixty for 1200

Comment

Are CCI #41 ok to use? And what's considered a good price? Or should we hold out until some other primers come available?

Comment

• Dogue
                Warrior
                • Mar 2011

I use CCI41's, no issues. Not sure what a good price is now but I wouldn't pay more than $35/1000.
                Μολὼν λαβέ

Comment

Thanks man!

Comment

• sneaky one
                    Chieftain
                    • Mar 2011

As we all know-in a pincher situation=any primer looks good, at a reasonable price point.

Tides will change-then we'll buy all the 450's we can!
                    If it pops=we likey-likey!

The market is rebounding for now-enjoy as you can....

Comment

• hill.brandonj

I don't know the price they had. But. Dunns Sporting goods. In. Pevely mo just north here had. Cases and cases of the 41s

Comment

• Sputnik
                        Warrior
                        • May 2013

Originally posted by mwilkins View Post
                        Bruno's has a very good selection of in stock items but you pay for them. In some cases, I have found a $7 difference between Bruno's and PowderValley on one pound tubs but....... Bruno's has it in stock and you can get it now.
                        The powder I want to try is 35 dollars a pound at Bruno's and 20 at PV. So you right, you sure pay for it! I am hoping for more availability in the upcoming months. Right now, I am not that desperate.

Comment

Working...
                        X