Best Decapping Die?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have the Lee dies and the decapper in the sizing die works on my AA brass, which is Lapua.

Comment

• wheelguner
      Warrior
      • Oct 2011

I use the Wilson Decapping Base and Punch with a Sinclair Arbor Press. I use Wilson Neck Dies and Seaters for my bolt guns. This link will show a typical Wilson Assy:

Comment

Thanks for linking that set-up. Which base and punch are correct for 6.5 Grendel?

Comment

• wheelguner
          Warrior
          • Oct 2011

According to the Sinclair 2013 Catalog the PN#'s for the Grendel are Base 749-000-740SK & Punch 749-001-321SK (the punch is listed for 6mm). They do not list a 6.5mm and the next size up is listed for 25-7mm. I made my punch from round stock and a spare decapping pin from the goodie box. I use the Base I had on hand for my 6.5x55. The rim Dia. of the Swede is .480 and the Grendel according to the SAAMI Dwg is .441-.010. The Hornady cases I have on hand avg .438. I only use Hornady case and I understand the AA/Lapua cases have a smaller primer hole. I am told that Sinclair offers a punch with a smaller pin, although I couldn't find it in the catalog.....you might give them a call. here is a link to the Online Sinclair Catalog and you can download it as a pdf file form there: http://catalogs.sinclairintl.com/2013A/

Comment

• stevegun 1

Got my Redding Decapping Die Set

The 69500 is a great set, just as stokes described it, works perfectly. Bwaites was right, I am lucky enough to have access to $16K+ deburrng machine at work. It has a set of magnets under a table that spin magnetized stainless steel pins very fast in a 5 gallon bucket (this is what we use on it). Two cups of water and some special soap and your off to the races. Three ten minute cycles clean the brass as shown in the photos below, the primer pockets show why I wanted to decap before "washing" the brass.

I can not say if this adds accuracy but it's fun to start with "new brass" when I reload.
            Attached Files

Comment

Working...
            X