• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wheelguner
    Warrior
    • Oct 2011

Sierra Bullets

As I often do I visit the 6mmBR site after I check out what's new on this site. There is an article about Sierra Bullets offering tours of their Sedalia, MO factory. What REALLY caught my eye was the seconds listing:

With bullets in short supply and prices rising, here's an opportunity for you folks located in the middle of the country who can visit Missouri. Sierra offers discounted bullets at its Factory Outlet store in Sedalia, Missouri.

If you live within driving distance you can pick up these seconds, unfortunately they do not ship them. I have never used their seconds but if they are anything like the Nosler seconds they should shoot just as well as their normal offerings.

I am bummed because I shoot a LOT of their 20cal 32gr BK's in my 204 Rugers.
  • VASCAR2
    Chieftain
    • Mar 2011

I was at the Sierra factory last month and took the tour which is very interesting. Sierra is back ordered on about all their products and are running at full capacity 3 shifts per day. They said how many bullets they made per shift and if I remember correctly it was over a million. Either way they go to great lengths to supply a quality product using virgin materials.

The friend I went to Sedalia with had been to the factory outlet store many times. Unfortunately the Factory was sold out of most of their products which we had planned on purchasing. I was able to buy some 6.5/264 bullets but .224 and 7.62 had very few styles available. I managed to get .224 69 grain Sierra Match Kings and 50 grain Blitz. They were not selling any pistol bullets I had intended to buy.

The factory outlet sells bullets by the pound but they are marked not for resale. From the few bullets I bought and the past experience of my friend these factory bullets are still more than accurate enough for me. I would say that the Sierra seconds are comparable in quality to the factory seconds from Nosler's which I've purchased.
    Last edited by VASCAR2; 06-16-2013, 02:18 AM.

Comment

Working...
    X