Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • customcutter

Any one here swaging?

I recently started making a set of dies to swage .223 boolits using 22LR cases. Anyone else doing this, given how hard components are to find?

CC
  • Variable
    Chieftain
    • Mar 2011

I think LR1955 was swaging some pills. I don't know if he still is. I think it is pretty cool. I'd try it, but I'm too short on time and space to take on anything like that. Lazy too.
    Life member NRA, SAF, GOA, WVSRPA (and VFW). Also member WVCDL. Join NOW!!!!!
    We either hang together on this, or we'll certainly HANG separately.....

Comment

• TheOTHERmaninblack
      Warrior
      • Apr 2011

I first read about the Corbin swaging press when I was in my teens and have wanted to do it ever since. Always too costly to get started for me. Still interested, though. I'd love to try my hand if I could figure out how to afford the setup costs.

Comment

• customcutter

Originally posted by TheOTHERmaninblack View Post
        I first read about the Corbin swaging press when I was in my teens and have wanted to do it ever since. Always too costly to get started for me. Still interested, though. I'd love to try my hand if I could figure out how to afford the setup costs.
        Yes, I noticed to cost as well. My Redding Ultramag is heavy enough to swage .224. I just can't justify $1200-1500 for a press and a set of dies for one caliber. Hence, trying to make my own.

CC

Comment

Working...
        X