powders, primers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the advice, Gents, and for the link, Drifter. When I Ixquick'd (to hell with In-Q-Tel/Google) Wolf primers last night, I did not find that link.

So, primers are on the way... let the reloading begin.

Any recommendations for sources of IN STOCK powders?

The factory 130gr Swift Scirocco ammo shot best from my oldest's Grendel (123gr AMAX and Scenars were a close second). Should I tentatively assume that with handloading the 130gr Swift Sciroccos will remain the most precise?

Comment

• Drifter
      Chieftain
      • Mar 2011

The 123gr A-max is arguably the most forgiving bullet to load in the Grendel, and with a variety of powders.
      Drifter

Comment

If you run across bulk AMAXs or Sciroccos, please don't be shy to say where.

Comment

• babaganoush
          Warrior
          • Jan 2013

Originally posted by Nukes View Post
          If you run across bulk AMAXs or Sciroccos, please don't be shy to say where.
          Midway has the 123 grain Amax right NOW.

Not bulk, but I don't know that Hornady makes them available that way.
          "A problem thoroughly understood is always fairly simple. Found your opinions on facts, not prejudices. We know too many things that are not true."

Charles F. Kettering

Comment

Found 'em at Grafs too (but no Sciroccos)... now for powder, press, etc.

Comment

• montana
              Chieftain
              • Jun 2011

I have been able to obtain everything, but when it comes to powder there seems to be a real shortage unless your willing to pay through the nose. +1 for me when it comes to using SRM primers. GOOD LUCK!
              Last edited by montana; 06-14-2013, 09:28 PM.

Comment

• montana
                Chieftain
                • Jun 2011

Shop at Powder Valley for all of your reloading supplies. Reloading Presses Ship Free.

Powder Valley has 123 gr A-max bullets for $23.56 in stock the last time I looked, if your interested.

Comment

AMAXs are on the way. :-)

I am still looking for the recommended powders.

Comment

Working...
                  X