Powder Order

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Powder Order

Needing to order some powder but don't want the added hazmat fee for a small order. Only looking to get a couple of pounds from different brands.

Anyone in the Dallas, Tx area needing/wanting to get in on an order to maximize the weight and split the hazmat fee?

Was looking to order from Bruno's as they seem to have a pretty good "in stock" selection and shipping times seem to be within a week at this time judging by my last order with them.

Needing powder for both Grendel and .223 loads
  • mongoosesnipe
    Chieftain
    • May 2012

Cfe223 is good for both as is Xbr8208 most shops will throw your order onto their powder order if your wanting something they don't normally stock
    Punctuation is for the weak....

Comment

• just_john
      Chieftain
      • Sep 2012

mwilkins - Both Cabela's ( in Allen ) and GunMaster ( in Plano ) are doing a pretty good job of keeping a better selection of desirable powders and primers on their shelves. If you haven't done so already, take a look there.

Comment

Yep, already hit Cabela's the other day and stocked up on Retumbo but they didn't have much else. I do have H1000 and some IMR7828 sitting on the shelf as well. Powder Valley and Bruno's have had the best available selection thus far. Since I am new to reloading, all of my powder purchases have been in 1 lb containers. Once I find what the rifles like, then I will get bigger tubs. Will be loading for .223, 6.5 and .338. Already know my .223 loves 75 gr projectiles (Black Hills ammo) and my Grendel is nuts on with 123 Amax and 120 Berger's. Have not put any rounds down the .338 yet but should be going to the range with my smith this weekend to break it in.

Understanding that there is already many users that have posted load data that is working for them, still wanted to have a variety to play with hence the 1 lb containers. Realistically, it shouldn't take very much to find a good load and once that is done, experimentation with other powders will cease to exist. Don't shoot competitions or other events to hone in to the very best that can be had. Pretty much happy with anything under .5 MOA.

Comment

Working...
        X