Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hill.brandonj

trimmer

anyone have experience with one of these?
  • Drifter
    Chieftain
    • Mar 2011

Yes, it works very well.
    Drifter

Comment

I have one they said it was set to proper trim setting from factory, and I should have checked after first 5 to ten but didn't ruined, 18 pieces before I realized they were very short, reset the cutter and it works great, self cleaning and precise well worth the money

Comment

• topcaat1
        Bloodstained
        • Nov 2011

Bought the Little Crow trimmer after reading this post. Tried it out last night and wanted to thank all for the heads up and the recommendation. Now I need to get one in .223.

Comment

• mongoosesnipe
          Chieftain
          • May 2012

I have one for 223 it is fantastic it takes the pain out of trimming I tape the holes shut while trimming and empty the trimmer once in a while if not brass razor sharp shavings fly all over that said it is the best trimmer I have ever used
          Punctuation is for the weak....

Comment

I use the opossum hollow trimmers for both 223 and 6.5... I'm not sure if this is the same design (it doesn't look like it), but the opossum hollow trimmers save me a ton of time.

Comment

Originally posted by badgerlb View Post
              I use the opossum hollow trimmers for both 223 and 6.5... I'm not sure if this is the same design (it doesn't look like it), but the opossum hollow trimmers save me a ton of time.
              Actually it is Possum Hollow and mine works very well too.
              Check out https://www.possumhollowproducts.com! The Kwick Case Trimmer is a quick, efficient, and affordable way to trim your cases.

Comment

• Dogue
                Warrior
                • Mar 2011

Another thumbs up for the Possum Hollow trimmer...cheap, easy, and effective. However, I trim Grendel brass on my lathe style trimmer since I don't have to do it as often.
                Μολὼν λαβέ

Comment

Originally posted by davidj View Post
                  Actually it is Possum Hollow and mine works very well too.
                  https://www.possumhollowproducts.com..._TRIMMERS.html
                  Ah... thanks... I should take some pictures of how i run mine... I doubt all drill presses are like mine, but mine is an older sears model that I picked up for 10 bucks at a garage sale... the handy part about it is that the entire drill mechanism will detach from the base so that I can flip it upside down, short of a vacuum to suck up the brass chips, it works like a giraud... very very handy for both 223 and 6.5

Comment

• Drifter
                    Chieftain
                    • Mar 2011

Possum Hollow and WFT function very similarly. The WFT is better quality, but at a higher price. Either will get the job done effectively.
                    Drifter

Comment

I've been using a Giraud case trimmer for 5.56 applications and I'm very happy with it. His website lists 6.5 Grendel as one of the available cartridge sizes.

The Best COD, GTA & KV Store. Cheap Prices, Speedy Reposes & Quality Services, Lots Of Proof And Vouches Too! Xbox 360 & Xbox One Consoles Only.

Comment

Working...
                      X