explain this please pressures and bolts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LR1955
    Super Moderator
    • Mar 2011

Originally posted by Huntchic View Post
    Well I’ve got a spare and crossed fingers.
    I actually carry cleaning gear including a breakdown rod always as well as few extra parts in the field especially overnight trips.
    Always good to have a spare bolt but I think the days of sheared lugs are pretty much over. I still caution people new to the Grendel to stay within published load data. About 3/4 of a max load has always seemed to be where people end up after their load testing. I think this is pretty much true of all rifle cartridges.

LR-55

Comment

• Huntchic
      Warrior
      • Jun 2024

Understand. I just have always carried few extra parts n such with me especially if I'm not close to truck or backpack hunting overnight or days. Nothing is worse than not having a working firearm over a small inexpensive part hours from nowhere.

Comment

• rickt300
        Warrior
        • Jan 2017

Originally posted by LR1955 View Post

Rick:

No so sure of that. I sheared lugs off of four or five bolts before the various enhancements to their design and metallurgy took hold. Personally I think the original Grendel bolt was a sheared lug waiting to happen. Since then there have been a lot of changes to them and now I don't think I have heard of a sheared lug for at least five years.

BTW
        Well might be I got into the Grendel game after the problems were lessened. On the other hand bolts are not expensive.

Comment

Working...
        X