Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Grendel-Gene

How much powder in resized AK brass?

I have 100 cases of Winchester large primer AK brass that i have resized in the Grendel die.

I want to load it up to shoot "normally" in my Grendel and thus have it fire formed in the process. Since this is no longer an AK but not yet a Grendel, I call it the "Grenak".

Since there are no tables for this Grenak round that i know of, I am wondering how much BLC-2 powder should i use if i am going to shoot the 123 A max bullets seated "normally" at 2.250 inches?

Basically i am trying to make Grenak ammo that shoots as close as it can get to the Grendel at 100 yards.

Just want an educated guess really. Thanks

Gene
  • txgunner00
    Chieftain
    • Mar 2011

Not really apples to apples but I have done what you are wanting to do with 100g NBT's & IMR8208.

My full power load in true Grendel brass takes 30 grains. The heaviest non-compressed load I could get in a non-fireformed AK case (IMI) was 24.5 grains. It shot surprisingly well- consistently 3/4" MOA. I determined my starting load by filling the case to the bottom of the neck and reducing that by 3 grains. Proceed with caution, YMMV, et al.
    NRA life, GOA life, SAF, and TSRA

"I ask, Sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people, except for a few public officials. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."

George Mason, co-author, 2nd Amendment.

Comment

• Grendel-Gene

Thanks gunner!!!! Hey, Isnt Leander the home of LaRue ?

Comment

26.5g of BLC-2 will do you well!!

Comment

• Grendel-Gene

Thanks Bwild97!!!!

Comment

• txgunner00
            Chieftain
            • Mar 2011

Originally posted by Grendel-Gene View Post
            Thanks gunner!!!! Hey, Isnt Leander the home of LaRue ?
            Yep. 'Bout 6 miles from where I'm sittin'. It's probably a good thing they don't let many people in there..
            NRA life, GOA life, SAF, and TSRA

"I ask, Sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people, except for a few public officials. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."

George Mason, co-author, 2nd Amendment.

Comment

• Grendel-Gene

They really are awesome..

Comment

Working...
              X