Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Since I posted this, I thought a photo of the various bullets in this class might be a useful reference for folks who don't have similar weight bullets in their inventory. Several months ago I posted a photo of 14 bullets that I had in inventory for my various 6.5 mm rifles and I thought I'd add some to it for comparison.

New developments have added the 123 gr. SST.

The Hornady 123 gr. A-max and new 123 gr. SST compared to each other and some similar weight bullets from Nosler and Lapua. I also put the Hornady 129 gr. SST bullet that I've used for taking 5 antelope from two different 6.5x284 rifles in Wyoming the past few years. The Nosler 120 gr. ballistic tip and 100 gr. Partition are on the far left for comparison as well.

Comment

Originally posted by wiuprof View Post
      The Nosler Handbook has a section on the 120 gr. Bal. Tip & E-Tip bullets and the next one for the 123 gr. Competition and the 125 gr. Partition. They also have the 100 gr. projectiles covered on another page, Bal. Tip & Partition. But the 125 Partition is the heaviest one that they tested.
      Did Nosler test the 125 Partition with 8208? If so what was their max load & FPS?

Comment

I stopped by Nosler's booth here at SHOT, and they also just introduced 6.5 Grendel brass as a cataloged item soon to be out! I've been showing the 6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbook Volume I to all appropriate parties as well.

Comment

• ljdavidson
          Unwashed
          • Oct 2019

Hay all I am new to this site and the grendel .
          I am looking for some load data for h335 and imr 4198 for 123 sst and any data for 140 eld.
          If anyone has any information on these load. I would appreciate it very much thank you all for your time and information on this site

Comment

• rabiddawg
            Chieftain
            • Feb 2013

There is a sticky thread on this forum

You should also buy the Grendel specific manuals found at arbuildbox.com
            Knowing everthing isnt as important as knowing where to find it.

Mark Twain

http://www.65grendel.com/forum/showt...2-Yd-Whitetail

Comment

• JASmith
              Chieftain
              • Sep 2014

Try https://www.ar15buildbox.com/shop.htm
              shootersnotes.com

"To those who have fought and almost died for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know."
              -- Author Unknown

"If at first you do succeed, try not to look astonished!" -- Milton Berle

Comment

• LRRPF52
                Super Moderator
                • Sep 2014

Old thread/necro-revive. Makes it look like 2 new manuals came out in 2019, when this dates back to Hornady's 9th Edition.
                NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

Working...
                X