• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hornady 9th Edition?????

WTF Batman? I just bought the 8th edition

Yeah, me too.

Comment

guys, just do what I do... go to your local sporting goods place, write down the data you need on a piece of paper, then save the $29.99 for primers!
      I didn't buy the 8th edition since it only had a few new things for the few calibers I load for- (and the grendel data was for a 14'' barrel, I think) This new 9th edition is supposed to have data for the newest powders, though.
      I'm still waiting for Sierra to come out with an updated version.
      -mike

Comment

• VASCAR2
        Chieftain
        • Mar 2011

I talked to Sierra a couple of years ago and their tech guy said they had no plans to do any 6.5 Grendel testing.

Comment

I have the 9th edition coming from Midway this week. I hope there is something 6.5 Grendel in it.

Comment

Originally posted by parallax View Post
            I have the 9th edition coming from Midway this week. I hope there is something 6.5 Grendel in it.
            The 8th edition has Grendel load data, but for a 14.5" barrel for some reason. When you get it, can you let us know what barrel length is used for the Grendel this time. To me, 20" makes the most sense if you only go with one, since 16" and 24" are not far from it.
            Last edited by Guest; 11-13-2012, 05:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by A.D.D. AR View Post
              guys, just do what I do... go to your local sporting goods place, write down the data you need on a piece of paper, then save the $29.99 for primers!
              I didn't buy the 8th edition since it only had a few new things for the few calibers I load for- (and the grendel data was for a 14'' barrel, I think) This new 9th edition is supposed to have data for the newest powders, though.
              I'm still waiting for Sierra to come out with an updated version.
              -mike
              Most of the time I see them they still have the plastic cellophane on them.

Originally posted by LRRPF52 View Post
              The 8th edition has Grendel load data, but for a 14.5" barrel for some reason. When you get it, can you let us know what barrel length is uses for the Grendel this time. To me, 20" makes the most sense if you only go with one, since 16" and 24" are not far from it.
              Yeah thats one thing I don't like about the 8th edition. Hopefully they updated it with a 20" barrel, more bullets, and IMR 8208 XBR on more then the 129

Comment

• Variable
                Chieftain
                • Mar 2011

Originally posted by LRRPF52 View Post
                The 8th edition has Grendel load data, but for a 14.5" barrel for some reason. When you get it, can you let us know what barrel length is uses for the Grendel this time. To me, 20" makes the most sense if you only go with one, since 16" and 24" are not far from it.
                They did that because they knew I had a 14.5" of course.LOL I'll check wallyworld when I get a chance for the new one. Instead of buying the last one I just snapped Grendel page pics with my iphone....
                Life member NRA, SAF, GOA, WVSRPA (and VFW). Also member WVCDL. Join NOW!!!!!
                We either hang together on this, or we'll certainly HANG separately.....

Comment

Yea, but none of them have Barnes Data.

Comment

The Nosler #7 book utilizes a 24" Pac-Nor 1-8" barrel and the Hornady #9 uses an 18" 1-8" barrel for it's data.

Personally, I would prefer 20" barrel data but....

The Hornady manual has 8208 data but only for the 129 gr bullets. The Nosler has 8208 data for the 123 gr.
                    Last edited by Guest; 11-29-2012, 09:59 AM.

Comment

I've got load books by Hornady, Nosler and Speer and occasionally refer to them, but really find virtually everything I need from the online data sites of Hodgdon, Accurate, Ramshot, Lapua, etc.etc....

Like newspapers, tree based load volumes will soon be a thing of the past...can't compete with the internet's ability to be updated to keep the information current.

Comment

I was laughing at myself last year when I got the Hornady 8th Edition because that replaced my 3rd edition. Does the Nosler Manual have enough new data for the Grendel to justify buying? And/or, does it have anything for the 125 Partition?

Comment

• BjornF16
                          Chieftain
                          • Jun 2011

Originally posted by parallax View Post
                          The Hornady manual has 8208 data but only for the 129 gr bullets. The Nosler has 8208 data for the 123 gr.
                          What is their published data?
                          LIFE member: NRA, TSRA, SAF, GOA
                          Defend the Constitution and our 2A Rights!

Comment

Working...
                          X