Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interest for New Grendel Privi Brass?

Hey Guys,

I just got off the phone with the importer for prvi and they said the minimum order would be 150,000 pieces of brass. Is that something you guys would be interested in if the price is right?

Im hoping he will be able to get back with me today concerning the pricing.

Large or small primer?

Comment

the prvi brass is large primer. i just know the once fired brass is hard to find so i wanted to buy some new. since i cant find that...i called the importer and the min order is 150k. there would have to be A LOT of interest for me to place that order.

Comment

• bwaites
        • Mar 2011

With both Lapua and Hornady brass available, why would anyone consider an inferior product? Large primer Prvi brass tends to develop loose primer pockets within 2-3 firings, particularly with loads even approaching warm. Some have found it unsuitable after a single firing of the factory load.

I don't even keep the brass, or bother collecting it, unless a friend has expressed interest. It just isn't worth the hassle.

Comment

Originally posted by bwaites View Post
          With both Lapua and Hornady brass available, why would anyone consider an inferior product? Large primer Prvi brass tends to develop loose primer pockets within 2-3 firings, particularly with loads even approaching warm. Some have found it unsuitable after a single firing of the factory load.

I don't even keep the brass, or bother collecting it, unless a friend has expressed interest. It just isn't worth the hassle.
          if you have some once fired wolf brass id definitely buy it.

the reason that i would want to get this is so i can do some custom loads and not worry about losing the brass. I'm still waiting on price from him but it should be substantially cheaper.

Comment

• bwaites
            • Mar 2011

Originally posted by Raider1v1 View Post
            if you have some once fired wolf brass id definitely buy it.

the reason that i would want to get this is so i can do some custom loads and not worry about losing the brass. I'm still waiting on price from him but it should be substantially cheaper.
            If I shoot any more, I'll let you have the brass for shipping costs. That said, I've just about switched 100% to Hornady when I shoot factory loads, because it shoots so dang well compared to Wolf.

Comment

I'm with bwaites the wolf/privi was a waste of my time and money the accuracy was fair in my gun and warm loadings opened them primer pockets right up. I was shooting some pretty warm loads and got to firings then culled the brass to scrap. Also the cases weight is more than the Hornady case so loading don'y cross over very well.

Comment

• Dogue
                Warrior
                • Mar 2011

It pops up on ar15.com every once in a while. I have no interest in it unless it was $10 per 100, and even then I'm not sure I'd buy much.
                Μολὼν λαβέ

Comment

• StoneTower

How about a group buy of Lapua 6.5???

Comment

• bwaites
                    • Mar 2011

Originally posted by StoneTower View Post
                    How about a group buy of Lapua 6.5???
                    I don't think we could get the price lower than what AA sells it for at holiday time. Lapua USA doesn't seem interested in that kind of business, and they really don't seem to give much price break to anyone. No one has good prices on Lapua brass. Heck, their .223 brass usually sells for as much as AA sells Grendel brass for!

Comment

I would be interested in 3000 pieces of brass if the price was right. AA and Hornady brass are great but the cheapest I have ever seen it was $55 per 100. There needs to be a cheaper line of brass out there so a person does not have to worry about losing it. There is not a lot once fired on the market and when there is some it's usually over priced. I reload and would love to have an economy line of brass to shoot with.

Comment

Originally posted by firemannw View Post
                        I would be interested in 3000 pieces of brass if the price was right. AA and Hornady brass are great but the cheapest I have ever seen it was $55 per 100. There needs to be a cheaper line of brass out there so a person does not have to worry about losing it. There is not a lot once fired on the market and when there is some it's usually over priced. I reload and would love to have an economy line of brass to shoot with.
                        Considering the price of AA Lapua when it's cheap and the fact you reload it is worth it to get the AA, it can be reloaded at least 5 if not 7 or more times than the Wolf why not just get the good stuff, if you reload then get a brass catcher and you won't lose any brass
                        Try this link http://www.catchyourbrass.com/ I got the cheap one and it works great and doesn't add much weight, 35 bux, holds about as much brass as you need

Comment

Working...
                        X