Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Grendel-Gene

Best electronic reloading scale?

I just got the RCBS 750 scale tonight and i was very disappointed in its quality; its cheap Chinese crap. I am returning it to midway tomorrow.

Can anyone recommend a truly good electronic scale for reloading? Thanks.

Gene
  • bwaites
    • Mar 2011

Originally posted by Grendel-Gene View Post
    I just got the RCBS 750 scale tonight and i was very disappointed in its quality; its cheap Chinese crap. I am returning it to midway tomorrow.

Can anyone recommend a truly good electronic scale for reloading? Thanks.

Gene
    Price range?

Comment

• Grendel-Gene

100-150 usd....

Comment

GG, you may look at the pact scale/powder measure combo on midway. Older technology, but measuring powder is measuring powder. I have that same set labeled as RCBS but made by pact. Ive been using them for a little over a decade, no problems at all.

Comment

• seatleroadwr

The RCBS Chargemaster 1500 works well. I had a 750 to and it was a POS.

Comment

• gunrestorer

What is the problem with the RCBS 750, does it not show accurate charges. I just did a trade for one.

Comment

• seatleroadwr

The one I bought showed incorrect weights. I don't rembe how far off it was but it was not usable. The 1500 works great.

Comment

• rickOshay
                Warrior
                • Apr 2012

I'm using a Dillon scale that is spot on with a set of calibration weights - $140.

Comment

• Lead Chucker

RCBS Chargemaster works great! Dont know what I did without it.

Comment

I've been happy as a clam with my Lyman DPS 1200 3, actually a 2 and upgraded to 3. The time it takes to drop a charge is almost the same time it takes to vibe down the powder column and seat a bullet, or seat and FCD crimp on the adjacent press. Put the finished bullet in the cartridge box and the next charge is ready.

The one and only time my wife actually got me something for Christmas that was on my list, four years ago. Still works great and checking the occasional load on a beam scale has never given me cause for concern.

Unfortunately, it is not as cheap as just a scale alone, but it is probably the only piece of reloading equipment I've ever gotten that I can say I'd miss dearly if it crapped out. It's just that helpful.

Hoot

Comment

Hornady lock and load auto charge works great for me after a couple thousand rounds. You can find them priced in the 150-200 dollar range. I could never go back to throwing changes manually ever!

Comment

• Michael
                        Warrior
                        • Jan 2012

RCBS Chargemaster rules. I use to compare w/ beam 'cause I hate tech. Don't bother anymore. Have the combo, only complaint is it is a bit slow.
                        I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it.
                        - Voltaire

Comment

• bwaites
                          • Mar 2011

Originally posted by Michael View Post
                          RCBS Chargemaster rules. I use to compare w/ beam 'cause I hate tech. Don't bother anymore. Have the combo, only complaint is it is a bit slow.
                          Have you upgraded your codes?

Comment

A buddy of mine in Finland with an engineering background completely disassembled his ChargeMaster, replaced all the cheap electonic components with quality ones after measuring them with an Ohm meter, reprogrammed the dispense rate to a much faster speed, and glued a Lapua Scenar in the feed chute opening so it has a controlled flow rate with the faster speed.

He also shielded from EMF with aluminum sheeting with adhesive, so no cell phone interference when loading.

Comment

• Michael
                              Warrior
                              • Jan 2012

Originally posted by bwaites View Post
                              Have you upgraded your codes?
                              Not sure what you mean...????
                              I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it.
                              - Voltaire

Comment

Working...
                              X