Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • second strike

129 sst and 8208

i'm sure it's somewhere but i can't find it..has anyone done load work with this combination ? i want to compare accuracy between this and bwilde's cfe loads prior to deer season in my lbc 20" upper.where i hunt in tenn. shots are normally 200 to 400...appreciate any help..s/s
  • rickOshay
    Warrior
    • Apr 2012

Check this thread: http://www.65grendel.com/forum/showt...-with-8208-XBR

Also, the forum has a custom search engine which works great: http://www.google.com/cse/home?cx=01...d_0xcu1o&hl=en

Comment

• second strike

thanks for the reply rick,went through the whole thing,found one person using 27.5,but he's not sure about pressure..another using 24.5 @ 2100 and that won't work..i was hoping to narrow the starting load because the range is 2hours each way..looks like cfe and call it a day..appreciate your time..s/s

Comment

post your results i am sitting on 94 129 gr SSTs at the moment with no powder on hand

Comment

• second strike

going fri.,,i'll let you know.

Comment

• second strike

no good with cfe in my rifle..using bwild's data i started at 30.4,stopped at 30.8,best group was 3.5 in. @ 100.with 30.4..

Comment

barrel maker

Who makes your lbc barrel?

That is the same result from my AR Performance (ARP) 18" 264 LBC barrel.

Thx,

BB

Comment

• second strike

les baer,,frankly i've not found anything,factory or handloads,that comes close to the groups i see in this forum..frustrating as this was to be my deer rifle this year.i'm going to try 100 ttsx,,if they won't group reasonably well i'll try to source an AA,satern,etc. in a grendel chamber..regards,s/s

Comment

Did you guys see this thread:

Unique locally anyway, as it rarely snows in my area. Since I have another Grendel rifle, I had reassembled this upper with intentions to sell. But for whatever reason, I decided to keep it, and get it (along with a lower) coated in Realtree AP Snow. Built mostly using spare parts on hand, including the Krieger 18"

Drifter got a really nice group at 200yds with the 129gr SST on top of AR-Comp. I have 600 SST's, so I'll either find a load for the Grendel or the .260 Rem, or both.

Comment

• second strike

appreciate the heads up..will try that this fri.,fallback is the 100 ttsx get here next week..still hoping for sst,if not you'll have 680 of them to work with..regards,,s/s

Comment

• hill.brandonj

Really interested I this. I have the same components ready to go. Just afraid of how much to load. Any ideas for a 16"??? I'm no match shooter. Jut 3 and under for deer here in southeast Missouri.

Comment

• txgunner00
                        Chieftain
                        • Mar 2011

I did a little development a while ago with 8208 but didn't get results I was happy with. I have some more test loads ready to go but I haven't been back to the range with them. What I have loaded is 27.0 - 27.6 grains by .2 grain increments.
                        NRA life, GOA life, SAF, and TSRA

"I ask, Sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people, except for a few public officials. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."

George Mason, co-author, 2nd Amendment.

Comment

• hill.brandonj

May give it a try. Already bought the stuff. Might as well

Comment

Working...
                          X