• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Blacklab
    Warrior
    • Mar 2012

A little range time

Today I was able to get out and throw a little lead. No chorny or pics sorry. Second time shooting the grendel. I used factory 123 a max followed up with my handloads of 125 nos pt an 123 amax.
    Here's rifle specs.
    18in AA barrel w/ 1/8.75 twist
    Nikon 3x12x40 m 223
    trigger is a 3lb timney signal stage.
    stock voltor a5

Factory 123 amax did all right Im alittle over a inch. With the hand loads of the nos pt and the 123 amax they tightened up a little with the nos being better. These were just test loads using imr 8208. I'm still in building a phase so the jury is still out on the accurcey. Here's the recipe all brass was new hornady, primers cci 450 col was 2250 crimped. Charges with 8208 27.7 27.9 28.1. Next week I'm gonna push the envelope and bump up the charges slowly to max loads to get these things dialed in I hope
    Hey I'm not a complete idiot I have parts missing. Though some times I wonder.

Grendellizing predators as of the fall of 2012.

Small bullets that go really fast, make me giggle...........

In my 24" Grendel chamber barrel, I got excellent results with 29gr 8208, Hornady brass, Rem 7 1/2, at a COL of all that would fit in my magazine at the time which was 2.29".
    Here's a 5-shot, 100 yard group with that recipe, complete with flinch after the fellow next to me let loose with his 338 Lapua Magnum.

Until my recent infatuation with Barnes TTSX, that was my white tail hunting load.

Hoot

Comment

• Blacklab
      Warrior
      • Mar 2012

That's money right there! Damn thats good shooting Hoot.
      Hey I'm not a complete idiot I have parts missing. Though some times I wonder.

Grendellizing predators as of the fall of 2012.

Small bullets that go really fast, make me giggle...........

Comment

Originally posted by Blacklab View Post
        That's money right there! Damn thats good shooting Hoot.
        Unfortunately, my lack of benchrest technique discipline does not allow me to stay in that groove for long. When I'm in there, it sure feels good though.

Comment

Working...
        X