Tumbler pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Biggdawg I will give them a call.

Comment

How are you guys cleaning the brass when they come out of the process (dirty solution)?

Mine sparkled for a day or two after they were tumbled, but then they developed a greenish tint and seemed to oxidize.

I took them out of the solution and toweled them off while separating them from the media then they sat in a hot garage under a fan for 48 hours. They all appeared very dry.

But then a few days later the residue appeared.

Thx,

BB

Comment

I wash (rinse) with clear water till the drum seems to only hold clean water. I literally stuff the hose in the drum and let it rinse going out and dumping the drum four or five times.The brass you see in the photos has been out for about a week I have not got time to sort and bag it up.

Comment

• Dogue
          Warrior
          • Mar 2011

Originally posted by Bennybone View Post
          How are you guys cleaning the brass when they come out of the process (dirty solution)?

Mine sparkled for a day or two after they were tumbled, but then they developed a greenish tint and seemed to oxidize.

I took them out of the solution and toweled them off while separating them from the media then they sat in a hot garage under a fan for 48 hours. They all appeared very dry.

But then a few days later the residue appeared.

Thx,

BB
          If you're using lemishine or another citrus cleaner you need to throughly rinse the brass or it will discolor (don't ask my how I know).
          Μολὼν λαβέ

Comment

yes if you don't get the lemi shine just right and don't get it rinsed off they discolor. i use cold water and as grimmy does rinse out in the drum till clean water then i fill my pale with water and rinse again while separating the media. then i towel dry spread out on towel and put a fan on them to dry. if you have some discoloration here is how i fix it.

i put the brass in a 6 qt container then i add hot water and then a dash of lemishine stir with my hand and the turn bright again then i quickly rinse in cold water and dry.

Comment

Excellent tips guys, yes I used lemishine. And didn't rinse, looking forward to tumbling again soon

Comment

Working...
              X