Factory Ammo List 2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Factory Ammo List 2012

I just wanted to post a factory-loaded ammunition list for all those who are wondering. Enjoy:

Alexander Arms
    1. 100gr Berger Match HPBT
    2. 120gr Barnes TSX HPBT
    3. 120gr Nosler Ballistic Tip

4. 123gr Lapua Scenar HPBT
    5. 129gr Hornady SST
    6. 130gr Swift Scirocco

7. 115gr Berger HPBT Custom (Hornady 6.5 Grendel brass)

Note: AA brass is Lapua brass headstamped Alexander Arms 6.5 Grendel, with small rifle primers.

Precision Firearms
    1. 123gr Sierra Match King HPBT
    2. 123gr Lapua Scenar HPBT
    3. 120gr Sierra Match King HPBT
    4. 123gr Hornady AMAX (Lapua brass)
    5. 120gr Hornady AMAX
    6. 120gr Nosler Ballistic Tip
    7. 123gr Hornady SST
    8. 130gr Nosler Accubond

9. 107gr Sierra Match King HPBT
    10. 100gr Lapua Scenar HPBT
    11. 108gr Lapua Scenar
    12. 123gr Lapua Silver Scenar

Note: Precision Firearms uses Lapua brass predominantly, with Hornady sometimes as an exception.

Hornady
    1. 123gr Hornady AMAX
    2. 123gr Hornady SST

Note: Hornady uses small rifle primer brass of different alloy and internal dimensions/case capacity from Lapua.

Wolf/PPU (Prvi Partizan from Serbia production, Wolf marketed)
    1. 123gr Soft Point
    2. 120gr MPT

Note: PPU brass uses LARGE rifle primers, different alloy brass, and different internal dimensions/case capacity.

I put hunting loads in blue.
    Last edited by Guest; 01-27-2013, 01:49 AM. Reason: New Factory Ammo 2013
  • BjornF16
    Chieftain
    • Jun 2011

I would add that the AA factory ammo uses primarily AA stamped Lapua brass, with the exception of the 115gr Berger HPBT Custom (which uses Hornady brass).
    LIFE member: NRA, TSRA, SAF, GOA
    Defend the Constitution and our 2A Rights!

Comment

• bwaites
      • Mar 2011

Precision Firearms will also use Hornady brass, depending on what they can get at the time and customer request. (Unless that has changed very recently.)

Comment

Thanks. Updated...

Anybody know of someone I missed?

Comment

• rickOshay
          Warrior
          • Apr 2012

Great post LRRP - deserves a Sticky

Comment

So it looks like 19 different projectiles in factory loads, 2 duplicated by AA and Precision with the 120gr NBT and 123gr naked Scenar.

Mark LaRue used the 120gr Barnes TSX load from AA for his 405yd 1-shot Elk hunt.

Comment

• burnsome
              Warrior
              • Jun 2011

excellent info LRRPF52 and thanks for posting. now i feel the need to get a box of each and do some tests with my SBR and post the results.

Comment

Maybe put the 123gr Hornady AMax in blue?

Comment

• txgunner00
                  Chieftain
                  • Mar 2011

Good info. Thanks for posting it.
                  NRA life, GOA life, SAF, and TSRA

"I ask, Sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people, except for a few public officials. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."

George Mason, co-author, 2nd Amendment.

Comment

If anyone wants cheap blasting ammo, that has been fairly accurate in most people's guns, the Wolf marketed PPU 120gr MPT can be had for $12.95 a box, and is brass-cased.

AIM Surplus: http://www.aimsurplus.com/catalog.as...me=6.5+Grendel

Comment

• Y85
                      Warrior
                      • Sep 2012

Good stuff -- excellent info. I am new to the site. I was wondering if anyone knows where to find better ballistic data on the AA loads than is posted on their website? BCs, muzzle velocities, energy at range, etc. For reasons that are confusing to me, they list 50 yd velocities. I guess if I was smarter I could calculate backwards, but I thought this was a good way to enter the conversation. Thanks for the help.

Comment

Welcome. I usually use Brian Litz's ballistic program on Berger's website, but there are many other options out there with JBM, QTU, etc.

As long as you know the muzzle velocity, bullet BC, sight above bore height, and atmospherics, you enter them in and generate a trajectory/wind drift graph.

I always chrono my loads so I know exactly what speeds I'm getting, and run that through a program. If you're looking for more info on projectile BC's, study this thread:

Here is an updated list of projectiles ranging from 85gr-130gr. Since a few hunters have seen great results with 140gr bullets, and the 160gr are the go-to pills for subsonic use, we'll include everything. Click on the dropbox link for a more comprehensive list, which is evolving as we discover more and more projectiles

Comment

Working...
                        X