Finely got time to try CFE-223 powder !!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finely got time to try CFE-223 powder !!!

Attached Files

Nice shooting.

Comment

• Dogue
      Warrior
      • Mar 2011

Looks good. I've recently picked some up but haven't made any loads with it yet.
      Μολὼν λαβέ

Comment

what COL did you use??

Comment

• IndyGrendel63

What a coincidence, I picked up a pound this weekend at "Sportsman's warehouse", they finally got some in. I also loaded up some 120s with CFE223, but I used Nosler BTs and 31.5 grains of powder and a COAL of 2.25 inches. Now I was getting a compressed load at that weight and OAL. I hope I get groups like yours out of my rifle (when it is finished).

Comment

TO: davidj
            the COL is 2.253" (as much as my Mag will allow !!)

Comment

im using 31.8 grains cfe223 with the 123 amax seated to 2.248. I had first round hits out to 900 on wednesday. 1k i missed a 12" target because i missed the wind call, but hit it with my second shot. I also made a hit at 1200 but that took a few. My ballistics program seemed to to be off after 1k.

Comment

Saturday I will be trying 31.7gr with a 123gr A-Max, and may I say WOW that’s a hell of a range you shoot at, hell I have a 600 yard max at my range !
                Last edited by Guest; 09-17-2012, 07:54 PM.

Comment

I shoot at thunder valley precision in ohio. The range goes out to a mile. Great place and tom the owner gives training also

Comment

Originally posted by oxn316 View Post
                    im using 31.8 grains cfe223 with the 123 amax seated to 2.248. I had first round hits out to 900 on wednesday. 1k i missed a 12" target because i missed the wind call, but hit it with my second shot. I also made a hit at 1200 but that took a few. My ballistics program seemed to to be off after 1k.
                    Have you had a chance to chrono those loads? On another forum I was advised that 31.8gr of cfe was "on the hot side" and was told I should back down a couple of tenths. I didn't see any signs of it being too hot.

I'm shooting out of a 20" BHW barrel.

Comment

Yea 2724 ftps in a 24" tube. 31.8 is not hot in my rifl
                      Last edited by Guest; 09-07-2012, 09:59 PM.

Comment

Anybody try it with the Nosler CC 123's yet?

Comment

Yea its on bwilds long post.

Comment

• terrywick4

Originally posted by oxn316 View Post
                            what primer are you using for this? what Brass?

Comment

I ran to the range with the 31.7gr of CFE-223 / A-Max 123gr. With NO signs of overpressure what so ever ! I only shot 5 rounds because my chronograph batteries had gone flat (bloody hell !) so hopefully I will be ale to get back to the range later in the week.

Comment

Working...
                              X