Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 123 gr nosler hpbt

I just found Nosler 123gr HPBT on sale at cabelas.com for $35 for 250
    Link for those interested: http://www.cabelas.com/product/Nosle...h-All+Products

But now for the life of me, I can't find any reloading info for them. I am too "green" in loading to feel comfortable winging it. Does anyone have any powder number for these?
    Thanks for any help
    Last edited by Guest; 07-02-2012, 02:09 PM.
  • rasp65
    Warrior
    • Mar 2011

Thanks for the heads up. Look here for data: http://www.65grendel.com/forum/showt...)-lots-of-pics.

Comment

Originally posted by rasp65 View Post
      Thanks for the heads up. Look here for data: http://www.65grendel.com/forum/showt...)-lots-of-pics.
      Thanks for the reply. I looked at that thread last night before I joined the forum and couldn't see the pictures. Great info!

Comment

The Nosler 123 is a copy of the Sierra 123, you can use the data for the 123 Sierra Match King. By the way, Nosler is making a concerted effort to move into the Match Bullet market which is currently dominated by Sierra. They offer significant discounts to clubs but have minimum order requirements. One of the Clubs I belong to bought around 20,000 Nosler Match bullets and everyone has been happy with them, even the F-Class shooters that whine about everything, require shaded shooting positions, and astroturf to shoot from. If they are happy, Nosler did a good job.
        Bob

Comment

• txgunner00
          Chieftain
          • Mar 2011

That's a great price. I've been happy with the 77s in .223. I'll have to give the 123s a try.
          NRA life, GOA life, SAF, and TSRA

"I ask, Sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people, except for a few public officials. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."

George Mason, co-author, 2nd Amendment.

Comment

• bwaites
            • Mar 2011

Originally posted by stokesrj View Post
            The Nosler 123 is a copy of the Sierra 123, you can use the data for the 123 Sierra Match King. By the way, Nosler is making a concerted effort to move into the Match Bullet market which is currently dominated by Sierra. They offer significant discounts to clubs but have minimum order requirements. One of the Clubs I belong to bought around 20,000 Nosler Match bullets and everyone has been happy with them, even the F-Class shooters that whine about everything, require shaded shooting positions, and astroturf to shoot from. If they are happy, Nosler did a good job.
            Bob

There are shaded shooting positions somewhere? Heck, I've never shot from shade, that sounds like fun! Now I know what my new whine will be at F Class matches, especially when you sado-masochists in black leather when its 100 degrees are around! LOL

Comment

• txgunner00
              Chieftain
              • Mar 2011

Couldn't resist the deal... got 1500 of the 123s on the way.
              NRA life, GOA life, SAF, and TSRA

"I ask, Sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people, except for a few public officials. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."

George Mason, co-author, 2nd Amendment.

Comment

bwaites,
                You forgot that in addition to a black leather jacket and laying in the sun we also wear a sweatshirt under it just to keep us all comfy. You have to wonder just how smart we are
                I'm the match director for our F-Class State championship so I know all to well how whiney they can be. They tell me it is just that they are so much more well refined than us knuckle dragging across the course competitors.
                Bob
                Last edited by Guest; 07-02-2012, 06:33 PM.

Comment

You are certainly going to like these!! you may have to adjust your POA windage. They impact about 3 inches to the left of where my 100g Amax's impact @ 100yds. Maybe they don't like being pushed from my barrel with CFE223

Comment

• bwaites
                    • Mar 2011

Originally posted by stokesrj View Post
                    You forgot that in addition to a black leather jacket and laying in the sun we also wear a sweatshirt under it just to keep us all comfy. You have to wonder just how smart we are
                    I'm the match director for our F-Class State championship so I know all to well how whiney they can be. They tell me it is just that they are so much more well refined than us knuckle dragging across the course competitors.
                    Bob

I reserve strapping on leather to much more pleasurable pursuits! LOL

As if those across the course and Palma shooters aren't whiny! They even complain about the guys in the pits! They can't see 'em, but they whine that they aren't moving fast enough to pull targets! My response is that I can mark misses REALLY fast, X's too! Everything else takes longer! So if you want it really fast, make sure you shoot X's, because the only other mark that is fast is a miss!

The classic was the shooter I was marking complaining about my speed, then complaining that he was absolutely positive that his last shot was an X, even though his board didn't go down. This resulted in much back and forth on the walkie talkie, with initial requests mark, then for re-mark, etc. The guy was pretty loud about it, so the whole line was aware of the issue. The shooting had pretty much tapered off as the shooters relaxed, not wanting the distraction to bother their concentration. Then the guy next to him said, "Uh, I think I found your X, its on my target!" From what the match director said, the whole line about collapsed in laughter, and no one could shoot for about 2 minutes until they caught their breath. So yeah, those guys in all the leather and straps have their moments, too!

Most matches out here, the F classers are stuck way down on the end of the line, on the right end of the range, as if they have a disease or something. One of my friends says it is so the guys dying from heat exhaustion won't realize how comfortable the guys in short sleeves are and switch in the middle of the match to F Class!

Comment

Bwild,

I tested several loads at 600 yards a couple of weeks ago with my 6.5 Creedmoor and was surprised to see how close the point of impact was with all the different bullets. I used the 140 A-Max, 123 SMK, 142 SMK, 140 Hornady BTHP, 120 A-Max, 123 A-Max and this 123 Custom Competition. All of the heavier bullets were loaded with the same charge of H435O and all the lighter bullets with the same charge of Varget.
                      To my surprise, all 35 shots were in the X and Ten ring, none even close to being out. At least from this rifle which has a 26" Bartelien 1:8" polygonal barrel, it just didn't care. So I suspect some barrels will shoot it to a different point of aim and some will shoot to the same point of aim. It will be interesting to see. I haven't shot any of the 123 CC's from my Grendels yet and probably won't be able to until after the nationals in August. But, I eagerly await other reports.
                      Bob

Comment

• Dogue
                        Warrior
                        • Mar 2011

Looks like the 250 packs are gone, 100 packs for $18.30 are all I see.
                        Μολὼν λαβέ

Comment

• seatleroadwr

Originally posted by Bwild97 View Post
                          You are certainly going to like these!! you may have to adjust your POA windage. They impact about 3 inches to the left of where my 100g Amax's impact @ 100yds. Maybe they don't like being pushed from my barrel with CFE223
                          Mine do the same. AMAX groups about 2 inches to the right of SMKs and Noslers. Great tip on the Noslers by the way. I bought 500.

Comment

Does anybody have a starting point for this round using IMR 8208, Reloader 15 or Varget (I have all 3 on hand)? I saw one listing for The Sierra 123 HPBT using 8208, but where it wasn't a Manufarcturers lising it doesn't hurt to double check. I can't afford to replace either guns or fingers so I like to play it safe...
                            Last edited by Guest; 07-03-2012, 05:41 PM.

Comment

Since I'm being pushy anyways: I have about 100 pieces of virgin 7.62 brass at my disposal that I might as well use up. Anyone have a good starting point for that brass with the 123 Nosler?

Comment

Working...
                              X