sierra match group at 100

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sierra match group at 100

I went to the range yesterday to try out the sierras. Not bad other than where I jerked the lowest one. This is out of a midway 18" barrel, and I was shooting off a caldwell shooting bag. The scope is a trijicon accupoint 5-20 with the post reticle. It takes getting used to, but I love it the more I shoot it. With crosshairs I'm sure I could shrink my groups on average. At 200 yds, I can get all five shots inside these 2" stick on targets.
  • Michael
    Warrior
    • Jan 2012

Nice group.
    I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it.
    - Voltaire

Comment

That one flier is always frustrating. Done the same thing more than I want to admit. Even with the flier you got to feel good about your results. Nice shooting.

Comment

Very nice

Comment

• seatleroadwr

Is that OAL length correct? 2.160 looks realy short for that bullet.

Comment

Originally posted by seatleroadwr View Post
            Is that OAL length correct? 2.160 looks realy short for that bullet.
            Yeah, that seems like a short COAL for the Grendel and 123 Sierras. Is that compressing the load any? Have you chrono'd it yet?
            Last edited by Guest; 06-23-2012, 08:27 PM.

Comment

The ogive on the match kings is wide and I had to keep seating them down so they would chamber. I don't have a chrono yet, but there are no signs of pressure at all.

Comment

• seatleroadwr

Sounds like I'm not the only one with a short throat. I can get the Sierra 123s to a OAL of 2.22 before they start to stick to the lands.

Comment

Yep, it was driving me nuts. I had to use a plastic hammer on the charging handle to extract rounds until I squeaked them down to 2.16. I can load 123 AMAX to 2.250 no problem. I didn't have to make any scope adjustments between the AMAX and the Sierras.

Comment

• rasp65
                    Warrior
                    • Mar 2011

Saiga You need to make a gauge to measure the OAL of your cartridges for any bullet you want to measure. I outlined the method I use here: http://www.65grendel.com/forum/showt...jump-amp-crimp It will save you from beating up your rifle and only costs you a case.

Comment

Originally posted by saiga12 View Post
                      Yep, it was driving me nuts. I had to use a plastic hammer on the charging handle to extract rounds until I squeaked them down to 2.16. I can load 123 AMAX to 2.250 no problem. I didn't have to make any scope adjustments between the AMAX and the Sierras.
                      AT 100 yards with similiar bullet weights, you poi should be fairly close. It will show minor differences at extended distances due to bc and velocity differences.

Comment

Great group, keep shooting!

Comment

• ChellieWiles

really good group for 200 yard shooting and it looks sub 1 moa except for that flyer. those fliers haunt even those of us that have been shooting for 25 years so I wouldn't concern myself with it too much. again, great shooting.

Comment

Working...
                          X