Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • oneshotkyle

123 lapua's

i can't seem to find these in 500 bulk packs? are they only available in 100ct boxes? my css chamber lw barrel seems to love these all the way to 1grand. now im hooked

SIE1727C .264 / 6.5MM 123 gr. HPBT MatchKing (500) Yes $153.94
    Powder Valley
    Shop at Powder Valley for all of your reloading supplies. Reloading Presses Ship Free.

Comment

• Drifter
      Chieftain
      • Mar 2011

6.5 123gr Lapua Scenar $280 per 1k:

Drifter

Comment

• oneshotkyle

thanks for the links. i have a few more questions to go along with the 123's.

1) i have a css 18" barrel and have only shot factory AA 123 scenar ammo out of. chrono numbers were from 2550-2570 while shooting them. what powder do i use to get reloads up to or above 2500fps.
        2) i am gonna buy a set of redding dies, fl with bushing and micro seater. is there any reason to crimp or should i run a little more neck tension. like .005 instead of .003

Comment

• Michael
          Warrior
          • Jan 2012

I am working up loads with 123s. 29g of Win 748 puts them just under 2400 w/ 19.5 barrel. Currently working up a load to get same velocity you are looking for. Think it will be about 29.5-29.7g. I didn't crimp and had no issues with neck tension.

Also, got 1k box from Graff and Sons (https://www.grafs.com/retail/) for a good price a few months ago.
          Last edited by Michael; 05-31-2012, 01:48 AM. Reason: forgot something
          I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it.
          - Voltaire

Comment

• oneshotkyle

micheal, did you use a neck bushing die? if so how much tension. i would like to take a bullet out of factory 123's and see what it resembles.

Comment

• Michael
              Warrior
              • Jan 2012

No. Used Lee full sized resizing die. Just got a set of Readings from Midway and have 50 loaded with 29.2g ready to go test.
              I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it.
              - Voltaire

Comment

You can also try TAC. I was able to get 120gr SMK's up to 2537fps in my 16". You'll see about 18-20fps of change per inch of barrel length with the Grendel, from all the comparisons I've run.

You will also be able to push a little further with Moly Scenars, but you don't have a ton of volume to play with. You might try some PRI 6.8 mags with the ability to load to 2.300" COAL, giving you more volume.

Comment

• oneshotkyle

ok. just ordered redding fl die set with bushing neck and micro seater. i got some 123scenars. obviously i should start loading them to mag length like the factory AA ammo i have that has shot great. im planning on no crimping. as far as primers go i have a crapload of federal small rifle's. i see that alot of guys run cci's magnum ones, which makes me lean towards buying some of them. as far as powder goes i have 2lbs of imr8208 to start with. any suggestions with the supplies i plan yo use.

thanks kyle

Comment

Working...
                  X