Mystery case ding source exposed on video....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Variable
    Chieftain
    • Mar 2011

Mystery case ding source exposed on video....

I've been meaning to post this for a while, but I keep forgetting. Anywhoo...

Ever so often folks inquire about the source of the little ding on the side of their Grendel cases that some of us affectionately refer to as the "load counter" ding. It comes from the junction of the brass deflector and the edge of the ejection port, but it's much easier to show it than describe exactly how it happens and where.

The following video will illustrate it clearly if you start watching at the 3 minutes in mark.

Life member NRA, SAF, GOA, WVSRPA (and VFW). Also member WVCDL. Join NOW!!!!!
    We either hang together on this, or we'll certainly HANG separately.....
  • rasp65
    Warrior
    • Mar 2011

Those videos look a lot like ones I have shot except they are of much higher quality. You notice the Grendel case hits in the port whereas the 223 hit the deflector. The other thing I notice is how every part reacts to the recoil. You can see the gas tube vibrating, delta ring, port door and mag release moving. I wish my camera was capable of this quality.

Comment

This supports the usage of the M-16 bolt carrier and a heavier recoil buffer to in effect slow the bolt carrier velocity.

Comment

Variable, thanks for posting that.. That was wonderful.. Very informative.. And I too wish I had a camera capable of 1000 fps.. flk k

Comment

Working...
        X