• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CCinClovis
    Bloodstained
    • Apr 2011

I've had similar results to you guys.
    Excellent reliability and accuracy with both AA and Precision Firearms ammunition. I've fired approximately 2000 between the two out of my
    16" AA upper without a single malfunction of any kind. With the excellent brass life of the Lapua brass, it is the way to go.
    Now, the Hornady is a different story. I hesitated to write this because of the positive reviews from you all, but my experience has definitely been different. About a year or so ago, I bought 2 cases of the Hornady 123 ammo. Headed to the range with it as well as a bunch of AA and Precision. Again, no malfunctions on any of the AA or Precision stuff (all different types from 100gr to 130 Scirocco).
    With the Hornady, about every 4th or 5th round would jam into the breech severely damaging the case (3 deep gouges in each round) requiring a lot of effort to extract.
    My son at Gonzaga University had a customer service type of a paper due in an English class, so he wrote to Hornady with high expectations of a positive result. Mr. Hornady's response was anything but comforting and certainly did nothing to keep me as a customer. He did not accept any responsibility and offered nothing for our problems. I will not support his company in any way again. I know that I'm in the minority here, but this has been my experience with Hornady.

Comment

I had the same thing happen with hornady rounds. It would feed the Lapua Scenars and it would have problems with the hornady rounds. As a knowledgable person on here who i consulted pointed it out it was a feed lip issue on my magazine. Cycles the hornady ammo great now and prints under 1/2 inch groups or better than that depending on how good i am that day. I can understand the frustration if you got a bad letter. But the 123 Amax is accurate as hell and the ballistics for it are pretty much spot on for my 24 inch barrel when i adjust for compensation out to greater distance.

Comment

• CCinClovis
        Bloodstained
        • Apr 2011

Thanks for that info kamrr.
        I use only AA 4 and 10 round mags. I too questioned their integrity, so I sent them back to Bill A. and he checked them all out. He gave them all a clean bill of health. They continue to perform flawlessly with good ammo.
        I apologize for the brief hi-jack.

Comment

• sneaky one
          Chieftain
          • Mar 2011

This is the best place -to learn grendel advice, load specs., etc . Many-well a few,--try and push forward as hard as we can to help with the normal upward vision of something - semi new, yet , way cool, and always in need of -kickin it up -A- Notch!!! Some of the military ideas are a bit, long & boring , and un needed here,,,,,,,,,,, - but that is how factory production autos become race cars- work together to improve.

Comment

• sneaky one
            Chieftain
            • Mar 2011

Wow, guys. We will finally get to see the gals perspective of the mighty Grrr. I often wondered if any gals owned one, shot one. -or were even on this forum= Cool. Welcome to the gang, ladies. We swear less here than many other forums---(we know the ones ) and try to be less vulgar also. There may be a gory picture or 2, we always state that in advance. My wifes BFF from school was a deadly weapon in the woods of N. MN on wht. tails , she out shot her brother always-in the woods, and at the range. She eviserated the deer also, how cool is that? Petite gal=5'1"-tuff as nails. My own wife can out shoot my JR., at the range. I taught her well-better? Any stories, and pics. would be welcomed.... we love info,, and stories------tiny homer- droool,,,,,,,,,,,, love stories. and more pics of rifles-groups.. welcome--in the end many gals maybe will take up reloading, it's so easy for this round. My wife has reloaded a few for me, after 10 min. of training- for one specific load.,anyone can do this-, btw -they were awsome. Yes, my wife was looking over my shoulder as I typed this. Guys, you all could add a kind word here. I'm counting on you horde members to be nice to everyone here. sneaky- out

Comment

Working...
            X