95 gr Vmax and BL(C)-2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 95 gr Vmax and BL(C)-2

I got some cheap 95 gr Vmax and have the BL(C)-2 open. Where do I start working up my load? I asked Hornady and they have nothing and could not get anyone on the phone at Hodgdon. I will be using these up for fireforming some 7.62 brass. Large primers. Thx.

To work up a 95gr load. Ahhh.. I shoot 120gr bullets @>30gr of Blc (2). So if your using a 95gr V max you can probably go higher

Comment

• Lead Chucker

Not sure about blc-2, I use 30.5 gn of Tac for 95gn V-max.

Comment

• VASCAR2
        Chieftain
        • Mar 2011

I loaded 30.0 grains of TAC with 95 grain V-Max, accurate no signs of pressure.

Comment

thanks for the responses. I will move to the TAC.

Comment

What type of groups do you get our of those 95 grain gr V-Maxes????

Comment

Does VMax have same ogival profile as 100/120 gr AMax and need to shoved way down in case for proper clearance to lands? Was having to go 2.165 or thereabouts to avoid jamming the lands with 100's and 120's. Thx.

Comment

• VASCAR2
                Chieftain
                • Mar 2011

I have to seat my 95 grain V-Max pretty deep also and depending on the throat and chamber variations I wouldn't be surprised by that depth.

Comment

here is a comparison of the bullets i load the 95 is in there

Comment

great chart, bigdawg. accumulating same data, kind of the same format as well. really helpful, and fast, with vernier seating dies and repeatability. i might be able to add more basic bullet data, if you'd post it up. thanks.

Comment

• Lead Chucker

Im geting alittle better than half inch with the 95 gn vmax. 2700 fps with a 18" saturn barrel.

Comment

Working...
                      X