• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Coop
    Unwashed
    • Jul 2018

Anyone running 80-90gr copper?

Got some 85gr Hammer Hunters I'm going to try in my 6.5G 18" AR. I have some H335, but its fussy with high temps. Thinking of a new powder, what are you running with these lighter bullets? LGS just got some benchmark in, looks like it might work and would be more temp stable in my NTX temp swings. Any others that you are having luck with in this range of bullet weight?
  • EastTNHunter
    Warrior
    • Jul 2021

Comment

• tdbru
      Warrior
      • Dec 2019

using benchmark. 85gr. T-Rex.
      -tdbru

Comment

• SDguy
        Warrior
        • Oct 2015

Originally posted by Coop View Post
        Got some 85gr Hammer Hunters I'm going to try in my 6.5G 18" AR. I have some H335, but its fussy with high temps. Thinking of a new powder, what are you running with these lighter bullets? LGS just got some benchmark in, looks like it might work and would be more temp stable in my NTX temp swings. Any others that you are having luck with in this range of bullet weight?

Have you looked over on the Hammer forum?

Expect Benchmark & IMR8208 may perform quite well for you.

I have only tried Hammers in a bolt action 6mm ARC. Went with the 87 grain Absolute hammer over IMR 8208 XBR. Worked well enough on two whitetail doe last fall.

Lack of load data gave me a lot of reservations on giving the Hammers a try. As things worked out a accurate load came together rather quickly that was slightly over 3000 FPS. This was in a 22" Pacnor barrel on a CZ 527 bolt action.

Comment

• Modoc
          Unwashed
          • Jun 2022

Last edited by Modoc; 05-14-2023, 03:44 AM.

Comment

• northdude
            Bloodstained
            • May 2020

I use win 748 in mine with the light pills

Comment

• Coop
              Unwashed
              • Jul 2018

I got a great load with TAC powder, WSR, Hornady case using the 85gr Hammer hunter. My gun really likes this bullet and powder combo. It shot less than moa across 2grs of powder jumps @ .3 jumps that is awesome to have that wide of a range. 30.5grs was the sweet spot. 2850fps. Used a light crimp using lee FCD also.
              Attached Files
              Last edited by Coop; 06-03-2023, 03:41 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X