• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jasper2408
    Warrior
    • Jan 2019

Starline Brass Available

Sold Out
    Last edited by jasper2408; 03-31-2023, 02:45 PM.
  • StoneHendge
    Chieftain
    • May 2016

Great price too! $263 for 500 on my doorstep or 53 cents per. Thanks!
    Let's go Brandon!

Comment

• Popeye212
      Chieftain
      • Jan 2018

Just checked Arm or Ally where they USED TO have good prices. Apparently they decided to up their profit margin by quite a bit. It's in stock but.......

Comment

• ab initio
        Unwashed
        • Mar 2023

I've been looking for a while. I normally buy loaded Hornady and reload my once fired, but since 6arc it seems the bulk American Gunner is in unobtainium.

I saw the starline direct up for backorder, outnu order and came here to see if the word had been spread.

This seems like a much better deal than back ordering with Alexander arms.

Couldn't justify armorally prices either.

My loads have been developed with Hornady brass, how doese case capacity of the starline compare to the Hornady headstamp?

Comment

• Mark611
          Warrior
          • Feb 2017

WOW, that's crazy! it's hard enough to find 6.5GRR brass as it is, I had to wait about 2yrs before this brass was available the last time, I wanted to purchase it, so I did not hesitate this time! and got in on 500 case order! it doesn't last long when it's available!

Comment

• StoneHendge
            Chieftain
            • May 2016

Mine shipped. Backordered meant in stock again.
            Let's go Brandon!

Comment

• Sinclair
              Warrior
              • Feb 2018

If you check multiple online sellers daily, you will occasionally find it in stock, briefly and expensive compared to post Covid.
              "A Patriot must always be ready to defend his Country against his government"
              Edward Abbey

"Stay out of trouble, Never give up, Never give in, Watch you're six, Hold the line, Stay Frosty."
              Dr. Sabastian Gorka, Hungarian by birth, American Patriot by Beliefs.

Comment

• Popeye212
                Chieftain
                • Jan 2018

I have "Backordered" from Starline at least twice and it shows up sometimes in about 1-2 weeks or so. Comes back in stock pretty fast.....

Comment

• Zeneffect
                  Chieftain
                  • May 2020

If it's starline website, interpret backorder as order right now while you can. I recently picked up some more lapua so I'm good

Comment

• ab initio
                    Unwashed
                    • Mar 2023

I'm getting a foot of snow, which is delaying the delivery of the brass ordered

That said, i was really surprised when i got shipping information the day after i put in my order.

Do y'all feel the need to do a round of fireforming of your virgin brass from starline before serious load work-up with once-fired? Or is it your experience that your groups and std.devs don't change significantly enough between the virgin loading and after once-fired?

Comment

• SDguy
                      Warrior
                      • Oct 2015

If you are anal enough you will likely notice a difference between virgin brass & once fired. Depending on your annealing regimen the same might be said for 2nd time fired vs 3rd & 4th firing for example.

Had roughly 3" of snow here so far. Starline order arrived this afternoon. Last week I received 100 pcs of Alexander Arms 6.5 Grendel brass. Only difference between the two offerings is pricing. Exact same head stamp on both

Comment

• biodsl
                        Chieftain
                        • Aug 2011

Originally posted by Popeye212 View Post
                        I have "Backordered" from Starline at least twice and it shows up sometimes in about 1-2 weeks or so. Comes back in stock pretty fast.....
                        I've been waiting for Starline 6.5 Creed SRP brass for months now. Glad the Horde is finding what they need to shoot!
                        Paul Peloquin

Did government credibility die of Covid or with Covid?

Comment

• StoneHendge
                          Chieftain
                          • May 2016

Originally posted by ab initio View Post

Do y'all feel the need to do a round of fireforming of your virgin brass from starline before serious load work-up with once-fired? Or is it your experience that your groups and std.devs don't change significantly enough between the virgin loading and after once-fired?
                          I have found that there is usually about a 0.2-0.4 gr charge difference between virgin brass and fireformed brass to get equivalent results, so it really depends on how much you ordered. I ordered 500 and am going to convert it to 6 ARC. I previously used Starline and a base sizing die, so even though I'm using a new lot of powder and a new (different brand) die and maybe switching primers, I know where to look. With that said, I will use it for practical matches once I find the sweet spot and then tweak it when its all been through the wringer a first time. In this day, I can't see using 500 bullets and primers, a couple pounds of powder, 20% of my brass's life (I expect no more than 5 cycles out of Starline primer pockets) and 10% of my barrel life to fireform. I've also used virgin brass in PRS matches in my 6.5 CM and know plenty of others who have/do also.
                          Let's go Brandon!

Comment

• StoneHendge
                            Chieftain
                            • May 2016

Available for "backorder" again https://www.starlinebrass.com/65-grendel
                            Let's go Brandon!

Comment

• tlen
                              Bloodstained
                              • Sep 2019

Druid Hill has had Starline brass available over a week. $60/100
                              NEW Starline Brass, 6.5 Grendel Bags of 100 cases Unprimed, Small Rifle Primer Pockets This Is NOT Loaded Ammunition

Comment

Working...
                              X