• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Redleg11B
    Unwashed
    • Jan 2023

Group Therapy, need another session

20230226_161023.jpg
    Howa Mini 22" sporter barrel, Vortex Diamondback set at 12x, Hornady Black 123 ELD-M, 100 yards, Liberty Mystic-X

Took the Mini out today. I fought to concentrate against AR pistol guys banging away at a ridiculous pace at covered firing benches. It took a few adjustments to get close enough for today, but I'm going to head back out on a better day. I should be able to tighten these up some when it is easier to concentrate..

The only group I measure was the one with the scratches between the holes (0.9"). Firing was done off a bipod, no rear bag, 100 yards suppressed. Full position reset was done between shots due to testing suppressor attachment consistancy. I took it off and put it back on between shots. See Gallery for rifle pics.
  • JASmith
    Chieftain
    • Sep 2014

Good progress -- shooting is therapy for me too!

I don't know whether it is the deep breaths and slow let-off before touching off the shot, the concentration needed, the combination, or something else, but I generally feel relaxed after a session.
    shootersnotes.com

"To those who have fought and almost died for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know."
    -- Author Unknown

"If at first you do succeed, try not to look astonished!" -- Milton Berle

Comment

• BlogSarge
      Warrior
      • Nov 2018

Originally posted by JASmith View Post
      Good progress -- shooting is therapy for me too!

I don't know whether it is the deep breaths and slow let-off before touching off the shot, the concentration needed, the combination, or something else, but I generally feel relaxed after a session.

Comment

• JASmith
        Chieftain
        • Sep 2014

Yup!!
        shootersnotes.com

"To those who have fought and almost died for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know."
        -- Author Unknown

"If at first you do succeed, try not to look astonished!" -- Milton Berle

Comment

• Redleg11B
          Unwashed
          • Jan 2023

For me, the therapy part is excluding everything else out of my mind and concentrating on the minute details of a good shot. Before my eyes started aging, I would shoot rimfire at 50 yards with peeps and rival what a lot of people called acceptable at 25.

It is also nice meeting other shooters at the range and chatting about whatever.

Comment

Working...
          X