• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BluteEhre
    Bloodstained
    • Apr 2018

Factory AE 90gr Tnt teardown/rework

Decided to pull the guts out of a few of these rounds.. mainly to see if i can rework them slightly for better accuracy and I also notice they seem to be a stout load based on ejector marks and they have 100fps variation, out of my 20"bbl 2900-3000fps.

5 rounds pulled down and weight of charge is coming in at 32.3,32.3,32.1,32.3 and 32.1gr.

It appears to my eye that this powder is H335. That would also make sense based on their velocity claims of 3000fps as 32gr should be right there out of a 24" barrel according to the Speer book. 32gr is also listed as the max load in the speer book with a COAL of 2.19. These 5 cartridges I pulled apart had a COAL of 2.17-2.18". So we have a shorter coal and .3gr more powder than listed max in some rounds.

Beginning to see how they could have some higher than normal pressures.
    I reworked them to 31gr and went with 2.225" coal to see how they shoot and how they are speed wise.

Easiest factory bullet to pull out of a case Ive ever tried. So not a very tight crimp or neck tension.
    Last edited by BluteEhre; 12-04-2022, 11:12 PM.
  • stonehog
    Warrior
    • Oct 2021

Comment

• LRRPF52
      Super Moderator
      • Sep 2014

NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• BluteEhre
        Bloodstained
        • Apr 2018

Thanks for your data LRRPF52. Certainly something to work with. If I push these around 2800 out of a 20" with similar accuracy your getting which is half the group size this ammo in factory load is giving me, I will be quite happy.

Comment

Working...
        X