• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fess
    Warrior
    • Jun 2019

Gas-gun vs Bolt-gun pressures, again

I just discovered that Hornady has two sets of loading info on the 6mm ARC. The "Gas Gun" loads are at 52,000 psi and the "Bolt Gun" loads are for 62,000 psi. I wonder if the gas-gun/bolt-gun differential would be the same for the 6.5 Grendel? I recall that in the Grendel's early days, Arne Brennan stated that he ran hot loads in his competition bolt gun, but I don't remember ever seeing pressure numbers.

I have not seen a sectioned 6mm ARC case, so I don't know if the wall thicknesses, especially near the base, are the same as the Grendel. Does anyone know if Hornady tweaked its 6mm ARC brass to handle extra pressure? For that matter, 6mm PPC bolt guns are commonly run at well over 60,000 psi. How does Grendel brass compare to PPC brass?

Thanks

The page you are looking for could not be located. We're sorry, but it appears the page you have requested is no longer available. Please check the URL and try again....

The page you are looking for could not be located. We're sorry, but it appears the page you have requested is no longer available. Please check the URL and try again....
  • Harpoon1
    Chieftain
    • Dec 2017

I wonder if the gas-gun/bolt-gun differential would be the same for the 6.5 Grendel?
    Yes!

Comment

Working...
    X