• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bjorn
    Bloodstained
    • Apr 2021

Accubond v SST

Anyone shot both and have any opinions of one bs the other? I suspect this may just be trial and error over what a particular barrel likes, but was wondering if anyone had any experience to share.
  • kmon
    Chieftain
    • Feb 2015

Depends on the usage and what you like in a bullet. Accubond behaves much like a Partition, SST is just a standard cup and core bullet. Accubond Long range expands well at lower velocities than either of those yet retains about 70% of its weight for deeper penetration and has a higher BC than the other 2.

In the Grendel at it's modest velocities I like the LRAB but the other 2 work. I have actually killed more critters with the Grendel with the 123gr A-Max than any other bullet (standard cup and core works at GRR velocity very well).

In shooting 6.5s I have had better accuracy with the Accubond, LRAB and Ballistic tip bullets than the SST but still can get right at MOA from the SST, while getting about half that from those Noslers. The 130 AB in my 6.5-284 I have 2 loads that with the 130gr AB that get 5/8 inch groups at 200 yards. I have had no problem hitting MOA or barely over at 600 yards with the 129gr LRAB from the Grendel shooting off the truck hood with a bag of corn as the rest.

On game all those will work.

Comment

• 65GbySeven
      Warrior
      • Dec 2018

129 SST has done well for me. 7 Hogs and a Sika in last 12 months. I run them at 2350 FPS. 200 yards on a FAT 250+LB hog DRT, pass through with a two finger exit wound. Sika was through the lungs, ran 20 yards, pass through jellied lungs.
      Last edited by 65GbySeven; 10-07-2021, 11:24 PM.

Comment

• Laman
        Bloodstained
        • May 2019

In my mind neither has an advantage over the other at least for deer sized game at reasonable ranges. I have killed deer with both, each did the job, massive internal damage and pass-throughs. Shoot what your gun tells you it likes but I like SST's they are cheaper which allows more shooting and load tuning also at this time a little easier to find.

Comment

Working...
        X