• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • COTNTOP
    Warrior
    • Mar 2011

Trim length

I know this topic has been discussed before and i have a small issue with neck being bent while chambering manually. Only twice the neck has been rolled back. Just wondering what is the correct trim length or could this be another problem. THANKS

My trimmed brass measure 1.505, what chamber do you have? what do you mean by "rolled back"?

Comment

• COTNTOP
      Warrior
      • Mar 2011

AA rifle and the lip curled back on one side to bullet. Trim length was 1.510. My AA ammo has length of 1.515.

Comment

• rasp65
        Warrior
        • Mar 2011

How about some pictures. Not sure where the lips are on the bullet. Did you deburr the necks inside and out after you trimmed. I measured my AA chamber and it is 1.540" deep. Try slowly feeding in a round and watch to see if you can see what the neck might be hitting. Check the orientation of the case where it is bent and see if that gives you any clue to the problem.
        Last edited by rasp65; 03-12-2012, 09:56 PM.

Comment

• txgunner00
          Chieftain
          • Mar 2011

I doubt it's a trim length problem. Look for other places the lip could be getting caught on when feeding.
          NRA life, GOA life, SAF, and TSRA

"I ask, Sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people, except for a few public officials. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."

George Mason, co-author, 2nd Amendment.

Comment

• sneaky one
            Chieftain
            • Mar 2011

Cotn, is this with an empty case or a loaded one? An empty shouldn't be cycled thru.

Comment

Mark a reference dot on some cases with a Sharpie. Load all of them into the mag with the ref dot facing up. Examine your brass and see where the "lip" is with regard to the ref dot. I will help evaluate where the problem is occurring. Sharpies are God's gift to tinkerers.

Hoot

Comment

Working...
              X