• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CPT.CRAZY
    Warrior
    • Feb 2012

Berger vld

Has anyone tried Berger 130 gr vld bullets? I was just looking at their website and they show .552 g1bc. Using a calculator , they look like they have a much flatter flight than amax or luapa.
    sigpic

Yes I have tried them, I got decent velocity but could not get them to group good enough. Having to keep them at mag length wouldn't allow me to seat them close enough to the lands.

Comment

Guys have been finding that there are three seating depth regions where the VLD's will shoot. One is close to the lands, one is about .020" from that, and the next .040" from the first. A sweet spot can be found to shoot them in auto-loaders, but mag-length COALs in the Grendel are not ideal for velocity in the Grendel with the 130gr VLD's. The 130's run great out of my .260 Rem AR10, and seem meant for each other for a good 700-1000yd load. I've shot 3/4 MOA groups with them at 700m in shifting full-value winds that were blowing the tree tops over at Lapua's range in Finland, but I was pushing them at well over 2800fps.

Comment

Working...
      X