• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Salty Doge
    Unwashed
    • Dec 2020

135gr A Tips

I was wondering if anyone has any experiences with these bullets. Im currently running BLC-2 powder as i have had good success with this and 130gr bullets running 2380fps out a 24" barrel. My current batch i have loaded up range from 27.3-28grs of BLC-2. Im expecting pretty disappointing results around 2250fps range though. Wondering if anyone else has any experience with these bullets in grendel? Also what powders did you use and get good results with?
  • sundowner
    Chieftain
    • Nov 2017

Have a box that i
    I may try next spring in both my 24" Grendel and my 6.5 CM Encore .

Comment

• mel
      Chieftain
      • Nov 2019

i use them out of my 20 and 28 , one of my favorite long range bullets , cfe/lever/ppv etc would be ur best bet with those to get them moving at a good velocity i can get 2500 on the top end out of my 20 with ppv and 200fps more out of my 28 , my 20 is a fast barrel to though pretty much shoots on par with most 24's
      Last edited by mel; 12-13-2020, 07:51 PM.

Comment

• Salty Doge
        Unwashed
        • Dec 2020

By lever i am assuming you mean that hodgen leveroution powder? It has a very similar burn rate of cfe223. Also if i can get these guys going 2350 i would be happy. Approximately how much powder are you useing to launch those bullets at 2400fps?

Comment

• mel
          Chieftain
          • Nov 2019

28.5-28.8g of powe pro varmint depending on what time of year im shooting with std srp not magnums , in the summer i run the 28.5 load, and yes the leveroution is what i was refering to

Comment

• mel
            Chieftain
            • Nov 2019

just picked up a box of 135g a-tips im going to guess theese will leave the muzzle at around 2500fps out of my 20 inch hopefully my lee or rcbs seating stem works fine for theese im going to do my starting loads a lil higher then normal since all my load development has ended up on the high to above book max so far and theese

Comment

• Salty Doge
              Unwashed
              • Dec 2020

Ah while am at it. Did you use the specific stem that hornady reccomends you use with these? I just was incredibly careful and gentle when seating and had 0 major problems with tip deformation.

Comment

• mel
                Chieftain
                • Nov 2019

Originally posted by Salty Doge View Post
                Ah while am at it. Did you use the specific stem that hornady reccomends you use with these? I just was incredibly careful and gentle when seating and had 0 major problems with tip deformation.
                the stem in my lee die works just fine with them

Comment

• Salty Doge
                  Unwashed
                  • Dec 2020

Sweet, thanks for the good info. I plan on going out to the range this saturday with my BLC2 loads. If i can find it get ppv powder and reload some test loads with that as well.

Comment

• Salty Doge
                    Unwashed
                    • Dec 2020

Also forgot to mention i am running a 24" barrel out of this.

Comment

Working...
                    X