• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • steelworker
    Unwashed
    • Dec 2020

PRVI PARTIZAN BULLET 6.5MM (.263) 139gr SPBT

Good evening! Has anyone tried these? PRVI PARTIZAN BULLET 6.5MM (.263) 139gr SPBT. I realize that they may be a little heavy for the grendel, but they are available.

I normally use the 129gr Hornady soft point bullets but they are hard to find now.

I have benchmark, tac, blc2, and a few others available.

Any ideas or load data would be appreciated.
  • tdbru
    Warrior
    • Dec 2019

SW,
    yes, they're a bit on the heavy side for the Grendel, but, for practice it gets you shooting as you mentioned, since it's available and lots of other choices are not right now. go to the hodgdon website and check for some starting loads with what powders you have that they list. you can likely use 140gr. data since you'll start with starting loads anyway. that long bullet will take up some case room. i've not tried those particular projectiles yet.
    -tdbru

Comment

• steelworker
      Unwashed
      • Dec 2020

I forgot to mention but this would be for a whitetail hunting load. Range would be out to possibly 200 yards max.

Comment

• rickt300
        Warrior
        • Jan 2017

Originally posted by steelworker View Post
        I forgot to mention but this would be for a whitetail hunting load. Range would be out to possibly 200 yards max.
        I got good speeds using LVR and 140 gr. Sierra BTSP's but from a bolt gun. I think you can get close to 2300 fps so 200 yards would still be good.

Comment

Working...
        X