• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HotdogGrendel
    Unwashed
    • Nov 2020

Blc2? 123 lapua scenar? Help!

Pretty new to reloading. Loaded many .223 but that's it. Building a 6.5 grendel and have blc2 and lapua scenar 123's. Can't find much load data on that, and dont know what bullet to use that's comparable. Just need to know how many grains. Thank you!
  • 1Shot
    Warrior
    • Feb 2018

Only data that I have for the Grendel with BL-C2 is from the #2 Grendel manual and it is for 123 gr Hornady A-Max. Start load is 30.0grs and max is 31.5 grs. I would back off the start load at least a full grain and fire one to see what it looks like with the different make bullet. Then you can go from there. BL-C2 does not seem to be a very popular powder for the Grendel even though velocity seems to be OK with it.

Comment

• StoneHendge
      Chieftain
      • May 2016

Just use any of the data available for other 123 bullets and use normal prudent loading procedures - start low and work your way up. Your rifles uniqueness will have more of an impact on max load than the difference from anything used in the Hornady/Sierra/Hodgdon/Alliant/Nosler/etc. data. 123 Scenars have been what I've used almost exclusively until recently.
      Let's go Brandon!

Comment

• LRRPF52
        Super Moderator
        • Sep 2014

BL-C(2) is one of the main powders Alexander Arms tested and published data on for the 123gr Scenar, right along with AA2520.

With Lapua brass and CCI 450 primers and a COL of 2.265", start at 28.0gr and work up in .3gr increments to 31.8gr max.

Data is in Volume I specifically for 123gr Scenar and BL-C(2), as well as many other bullets and powder combos.

There is a bunch of data for it in Volume II and Hornady manuals.

In Volume II, there are loads under the 120gr Barnes TSX, 120gr Norma FMJBT, 120gr Nosler Ballistic Tip, 123gr Hornady A-MAX, 129gr Hornady SST, and 130gr Swift Scirocco.

NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• HotdogGrendel
          Unwashed
          • Nov 2020

Thank you all very much! And looks like I'm going to ar15buildbox.com!! I knew I should have just ordered those manuals!

Comment

• HotdogGrendel
            Unwashed
            • Nov 2020

Problem is I have to use what I got. Hopefully things can get back to normal and shelves restocked. Especially here in Ohio. Slim pickins.

Comment

• HotdogGrendel
              Unwashed
              • Nov 2020

To 1shot..... my hornady manual shows 26.1 to 30.5 Max for 123 a max and blc2! I'll just have to experiment. Thank you

Comment

• HotdogGrendel
                Unwashed
                • Nov 2020

Awesome. Thank you jt

Comment

• plamia2
                  Unwashed
                  • Oct 2020

Attached Files
                  Last edited by plamia2; 11-30-2020, 03:27 AM.

Comment

Working...
                  X