Clear All
  • Pwoller
    Bloodstained
    • Apr 2019

Seating depth with Speer 90 grain TNT

• biodsl
    Chieftain
    • Aug 2011

Are you overthinking this? Your brass length is in spec and your OAL is by the book.What's your concern? I shot a TNT loaded to 2.212 last week. It shoot great with no trouble.
    Last edited by biodsl; 09-07-2020, 04:02 PM.
    Paul Peloquin

Did government credibility die of Covid or with Covid?

Comment

• Pwoller
      Bloodstained
      • Apr 2019

Originally posted by biodsl View Post
      Are you overthinking this? Your brass length is in spec and your OAL is by the book.What's your concern? I shot a TNT loaded to 2.212 last week. It should great with now trouble.

Comment

• 41bear
        Warrior
        • Jan 2017

There is nothing wrong with playing with the seating depth to get your best load accuracy, at a difference of .054 you're looking at an OAL of 2.146. I say give it a try.
        "Wild flower, growin' thru the cracks in the street" - Problem Child by Little Big Town

Comment

• 1Shot
          Warrior
          • Feb 2018

The seating depth that is given in loading data is the length that will operate safely in all firearms for the caliber according to SAAMI specifications. It does not mean that this is the seating depth that is best for YOUR firearm. As has been mentioned you can play with the seating depth some and I doubt that with the short 90 gr TNT you would ever be able to hit the lands and have enough base of the bullet in the case to hold it. As long as you have enough base of the bullet in the case to hold it securely you are good to go. It does not have to be a minimum of the measurement of the diameter of a bullet. This is just an old school ball park figure that will keep you from jamming a bullet into the lands in most weapons.

Comment

• FLshooter
            Chieftain
            • Jun 2019

Comment

• mel
              Chieftain
              • Nov 2019

same im either at 2.190 or 2.200 depending on if supressed or not

Comment

Working...
              X