X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • phishfood
    Warrior
    • Jul 2017

Me too, the more stressful the day has been, the more I enjoy the run.

To stay on topic, I plan to powder coat several hundred boolits for my .45 this afternoon.

Comment

• 1Shot
      Warrior
      • Feb 2018

I think I may be getting into shape. LOL Sunday and yesterday I loaded 100 rounds of 38 Special +p 135 Speer Gold Dot SB for the snubs. Loaded 40 rounds 7.5x55. Sized 200 38 Special cases to load up blasting ammo 158 lead. Also sized 100 223 that I had shot up a while back. I am working up to starting in on sizing the 50 cal. ammo can FULL of 223 cases that many will need the primer pocket crimp swaged out also. Planning on loading the 200 38 Special blasting ammo today. I have also noticed something. I keep finding loading components, mostly bullets and brass that I forgot I had.

Comment

• GregP42
        Warrior
        • Mar 2015

I have been dealing with my dad passing last week by sitting at the reloading bench. He is the one that taught me how to reload 45+ years ago. I resized about 800 pieces of grendel, and 150 458 socom. Put them in the pins for a few hours while I cleaned his guns and put them all away. Tired, sore back and arms now, yep out of shape.

Greg

Comment

• 1Shot
          Warrior
          • Feb 2018

Sorry for your loss Greg. My father and best friend passed away two and a half years ago and I still miss him every day. My Dad was not a hand loader but he was a mister fix it and taught me much. He really liked to work on lawn mowers. Last week it was time to mow my yard and I got out the riding mower that was my Dad's and serviced it and mowed with it. It brought back good memories of us working on this as well as many other mowers together. May you doing things that you did with your Dad bring good memories to you.

Comment

• Bayouhunter1960
            Bloodstained
            • Jan 2019

Comment

• Wheelhorse
              Warrior
              • May 2014

If you're not in shape enough to reload, stay far far away from a chainsaw.

Ran my Husqvarna 288XP about four hours yesterday and I've got things sore that I wasn't aware I had.
              Last edited by Wheelhorse; 03-27-2020, 12:00 PM.

Comment

• 1Shot
                Warrior
                • Feb 2018

Originally posted by Wheelhorse View Post
                If you're not in shape enough to reload, stay far far away from a chainsaw.

Ran my Husqvarna 288XP about four hours yesterday and I've got things sore that I wasn't aware I had.
                LOL. I am with you. Mowed the yard and ran the weed eater for a little over an hour doing my creek bank yesterday. My back hurt just to roll over in bed last night. After some stretching and a hot shower and a Naproxen Sodium tablet most of the soreness has gone. Getting old ain't for sissies.

Comment

• bubbaokie
                  Unwashed
                  • May 2018

Originally posted by Zeus View Post
                  Resizing 6mm AR brass from last years prairie dog shoot....Gotta reload all those and a few hundred 6XC's for this years trip! I cannot fathom a better way to be socially distant than to be out on the prairie dog towns!
                  Seems like I have visited you on another board a few years back (old age is fun). I just started back up on varmint hunters board...maybe there? Anyway, I used to go PD shooting until most of my towns dried up and grandsons grew up....LOL. I sure would like to do that again sometime.

Comment

• 1Shot
                    Warrior
                    • Feb 2018

This morning I finished off the 50 cal ammo can full of 223 brass with the sizing. Started swaging the primer crimp out and have about 1/4 of the can done. Decided it is too pretty to be in my loading room and decided to go outside for a while to rest.

I would love to be where I could shoot Pdogs. I have a buddy that was in the Marines that was stationed out west for a while where there were Pdogs and he said that he and his wife had a blast shooting them. I used to hunt the only varmint we had around here in east TN which was ground hogs. I the past few years out where you can shoot them in fields they have about disappeared because of the coyotes that are now showing up in numbers eating them. I have a friend that has a caller and has killed quite a few and I keep intending to get with him and do some shooting but something seems to always come up to hamper one or the other of us from doing it.

Comment

• centerfire
                      Warrior
                      • Dec 2017

I'm ready for some reloading today.

Comment

• Cheapshot
                        Unwashed
                        • Oct 2019

My dad passed about 3 1/2 years ago. I inherited a few guns and his press. While all were in good condition, years of neglect made cleaning a real process a bit of a chore, the press needed a cleaning and lube. Punched out 100 rounds of .40 today. Relaxing and brings back good memories. Sorry for your loss, enjoy the warm fuzzies. I shot a fantastic 30 rounds in the black at 30 feet and my first thought was calling him about the load. It was a connection.

Comment

• Mesa1978
                          Warrior
                          • May 2015

I have a 1960's Rockchuker that I gave to my Dad for Christmas brand new, he gifted back to me, recently. I used Lee handpresses previously. The RCBS is much more fun to do rifle resizing on.

Comment

Working...
                          X