• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Daveycrockett
    Bloodstained
    • Dec 2019

Finally got some 8208!

Ok I've been wanting to try some reloading the gre with some 8208 but it's always been out of stock everywhere I look. Today I stopped by the LGS and low and behold what have we here! Bingo...my daughter just gave me a gift certificate for there which is why I stopped. So I picked up 2#. Guess I just need to figure out which pill I want to try it with. Probably going to be the gamechanger because I'm ultimately searching for my hunting round. Also working on my second build since yall hyped me up on the monster barrels. Stay tuned for the build coming soon, I almost have all the parts.
  • A5BLASTER
    Chieftain
    • Mar 2015

Congrats on finding some 8208 sir.

I wouldn't use it under that heavy of a bullet, it's better with the lighter bullets.

Comment

• Daveycrockett
      Bloodstained
      • Dec 2019

Originally posted by A5BLASTER View Post
      Congrats on finding some 8208 sir.

I wouldn't use it under that heavy of a bullet, it's better with the lighter bullets.
      Thanks for the heads up. I wish they made that bullet in a lighter weight but that's the only option in 6.5. Still fine tuning it with Tac but waiting on a chrono to do more testing.

Comment

• sbowhuntr
        Warrior
        • Mar 2019

Another thing with 8208 is it will spike unexpectedly as you get up there in charge weight. I stay a full grain away from published max load data as I noticed ejector marks .8g shy of recommend max per nosler. Had another spike with hornady max load data. I go up cautiously with it now with any bullet/data and watch for pressure signs on every test load.

Comment

• Bigs28
          Chieftain
          • Feb 2016

I use it under the 110g maker trex for hunting.

Comment

• LRRPF52
            Super Moderator
            • Sep 2014

I really like 8202XBR under the 100gr Nosler Ballistic Tip and the 107gr SMK.

For the 130gr Game Changer, you might try Vihtavuori N540 for an extruded powder.

For ball powders, you'll get the best metering and speed from CFE223 and LeveRevolution.
            NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

Working...
            X