• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • A5BLASTER
    Chieftain
    • Mar 2015

Remington 6.5 grendel ammo has arrived

Well got in my shipment of both Remington loads this evening.

Cases are stamped R.P 6.5 grendel. They have a nice anneling to them. They are primer with srm primers. Hopefully they shoot good out my CZ grendel tommorw.

I ordered 100 rounds of the Remington premier otm. And 100 rounds of the Remington performance with the hpbt.

The performance load is listed as a plinking, varmint and deer round.

But the strange thing is both bullets look exactly alike, heck even their coal length is dead on the same.

Looking forward to trying them out tommorw.

Will grab a few pics later tonight.
  • VASCAR2
    Chieftain
    • Mar 2011

I wonder if the only difference is the choice of powder or stricter control on tolerances to achieve better accuracy between the two Remington offerings. One of the differences between the Hornady 123 grain SST and A-Max is a cannelure and maybe a slight change in the gilding metal jacket composition to control expansion. The bullets might appear to be the same but there could be slight differences in jacket composition or the hardness of the lead core.

Comment

• Growler
      Warrior
      • Jan 2019

Considering the average MBA running the wild asphalt...
      I’m guessing the only difference is the packaging.

Comment

• A5BLASTER
        Chieftain
        • Mar 2015

Originally posted by VASCAR2 View Post
        I wonder if the only difference is the choice of powder or stricter control on tolerances to achieve better accuracy between the two Remington offerings. One of the differences between the Hornady 123 grain SST and A-Max is a cannelure and maybe a slight change in the gilding metal jacket composition to control expansion. The bullets might appear to be the same but there could be slight differences in jacket composition or the hardness of the lead core.
        That is what I'm thinking. Same bullet but diffrent jacket thickness and air pocket in the nose. And the powder and primer is probably a diffrent combo for a bit more accuracy on the otm ammo.

Comment

• Javman
          Warrior
          • Jan 2016

I thought most of the Premier line up was loaded with the plastic tips from the other ammo I've seen. Will await on report A5.

Comment

• A5BLASTER
            Chieftain
            • Mar 2015

Originally posted by Javman View Post
            I thought most of the Premier line up was loaded with the plastic tips from the other ammo I've seen. Will await on report A5.
            This one has a otm 120 grain bullet.

The Remington performance 6.5 grendel load has a 120 grain hpbt.

I didn't get a pic tonight but will get one tommorw and post it before I go to the range for testing.

But if I put a round from each box in my hand and closed my eyes and whole them up. I could never tell one from the other ever again.

Comment

• A5BLASTER
              Chieftain
              • Mar 2015

This one has a otm 120 grain bullet.

The Remington performance 6.5 grendel load has a 120 grain hpbt.

I didn't get a pic tonight but will get one tommorw and post it before I go to the range for testing.

But if I put a round from each box in my hand and closed my eyes and shaked them around. I could never tell one from the other ever again.

Comment

• stanc
                Banned
                • Apr 2011

I thought most of the Premier line up was loaded with the plastic tips from the other ammo I've seen.
                The Premier AccuTip line has bullets with plastic tips. https://www.remington.com/ammunition...remier-accutip

The Premier Match line has hollowpoint match bullets. https://www.remington.com/ammunition.../premier-match

Comment

• stanc
                  Banned
                  • Apr 2011

Originally posted by A5BLASTER View Post
                  I ordered 100 rounds of the Remington premier otm. And 100 rounds of the Remington performance with the hpbt.

The performance load is listed as a plinking, varmint and deer round.

But the strange thing is both bullets look exactly alike, heck even their coal length is dead on the same.

Will grab a few pics later tonight.
                  It may be that the same bullet is used in both High Performance and Premier Match ammo.

Remington uses "OTM" and "BTHP" to describe hollowpoint match bullets in various calibers.

Comment

• Mustangfreek
                    Warrior
                    • Jan 2020

Where’s the best place/price to find these hpbt ‘s

Comment

• Rosecrans1
                      Warrior
                      • Feb 2019

Really looking forward to your next range visit, Blaster. I always liked R-P ammo for hunting/plinking alike.
                      I really am surprised by their 6.5 Grendel roll out. In two offerings no less. Have a good range day and don't spare your thoughts on how it performs!!

Comment

• A5BLASTER
                        Chieftain
                        • Mar 2015

Pics as promised fellas.

The case that has the heavy anneleze neck. That is the 120 Remington performance load.

Didn't get to fire any of this today. Was having a handload issue with my 16 inch that took up all my range time today. Hopefully I will have enough time to fire some tommorw.
                        Attached Files

Comment

• CJW
                          Chieftain
                          • Jun 2019

Thanks A5B......

Comment

• A5BLASTER
                            Chieftain
                            • Mar 2015

Ok here is the good and the very bad on this ammo gents.

The big nasty group in the center and the holes scattered around the target is the 120 Remington premier ammo from my cz. My rifle straight hates this load.

Did a 20 shot test on the graph and it averages 2616.

The smaller groups are the Remington performance hunting load. Not the best this rifle has done but more then good enough for hunting and target playing.

Chrongraph says a 20 shot string average 2535.

Going too shoot the rest of the premier load in my 16 inch ar, hopefully it shoots better from that rifle, if not I will just blast it all and use the brass for reloading.

As a control ammo I used 120 PPU hpbt. That ammo regularly shoots half inch groups at 200 from the cz.

Shot 2 five shot groups at 200 before I shot the groups above, then shot 2 five shot groups at the 600 yard 8 inch swinger after fireing the groups above and hit the swinger 10 out of 10.

I won't be buying anymore of the premier load. But won't mind useing the performance laod more if the PPU and American gunner aren't available.
                            Attached Files

Comment

• Lemonaid
                              Chieftain
                              • Feb 2019

Thanks A5B, the info from your test is much appreciated.
                              The horde might benefit some more if you pulled the bullet from one of each and measured them plus reporting the oal until they touch the lands.

Comment

Working...
                              X