V-MAX 95 gr bullet length?

Hornady site doesn't give length if bullet for these also 100 gr eld m
    Id like to find out without buying them first

Thx for ur time
    Last edited by LRRPF52; 12-02-2019, 02:36 PM. Reason: Fixed header
  • grayfox
    Chieftain
    • Jan 2017

The Grendel handbook, vols 1 and 2, you need them. Sold below in the vendor section, AR15 buildbox .com

The 95 Vmax is 1.107" as listed there (I have them but am away from my workbench).
    The 100 Amax is 1.05", the Eldm will be close to that.

Lotsa, lotsa bullets listed in there for info, plus BC's, gel tests, shooting and hunting info.........
    "Down the floor, out the door, Go Brandon Go!!!!!"

Comment

• BD264
      Bloodstained
      • Jun 2017

I have two boxes of 95g vmaxes, old box was bought about ten years, new bix a week ago. Both boxes have bullets that are 1.021" in length.

Comment

• grayfox
        Chieftain
        • Jan 2017

Got back and looked at my workbench.
        The Vmax's I measured (8) ranged 1.0205-1.024, most centered on 1.022. Could be there's a typo in the book, maybe they meant more like 1.017... or something.
        The 100 gr Eldm's I measured 1.047 +/- 0.0005. Pretty close to the A-max listed.
        It's still a really good book set, but I'm reporting measurements in this case as I find them.

Comment

• Scrape hunter
          Bloodstained
          • Aug 2019

If the data in the book set is not accurate why mess it ?

Comment

• LRRPF52
            Super Moderator
            • Sep 2014

Originally posted by grayfox View Post
            Got back and looked at my workbench.
            The Vmax's I measured (8) ranged 1.0205-1.024, most centered on 1.022. Could be there's a typo in the book, maybe they meant more like 1.017... or something.
            The 100 gr Eldm's I measured 1.047 +/- 0.0005. Pretty close to the A-max listed.
            It's still a really good book set, but I'm reporting measurements in this case as I find them.

Just re-measured mine and got the same measurements as you.
            NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• grayfox
              Chieftain
              • Jan 2017

Just shows we're human, that's all! I still like the books a lot and recommend them without fail. They are the best little Grendel ref's out there.

Comment

• LRRPF52
                Super Moderator
                • Sep 2014

Originally posted by grayfox View Post
                Just shows we're human, that's all! I still like the books a lot and recommend them without fail. They are the best little Grendel ref's out there.
                I'm sure it was my fault. I was thinking maybe it might be an issue of manufacturing variance, but when I checked my box of 95gr V-MAX, it was immediately clear.

No way are they deviating a tenth of an inch in length.

95gr V-MAX is a great little varmint and 2-legged round.

Wouldn't be surprised if it did well on hogs and deer like the 90gr TNT does.
                NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• Scrape hunter
                  Bloodstained
                  • Aug 2019

Could you feller's tell me if there is any info pertaining to the 120 speer gold dot bullet in these 6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks ?Thinking about ordering these handbooks I really like this particle bullet and would like to learn all i could about it's good qualities and it's bad qualities...

Comment

• rickOshay
                    Warrior
                    • Apr 2012

The 120 gold dot was not included in the Handbooks. The 120 Sierra Pro Hunter was used.

Grayfox did a comparison of these two earlier this year:

I took some CFE223 powder and worked up 2 ladders, for the 120 pro hunter and the 120 gold dot. I used a range of 30.8-31.0, 31.2, 31.4 for both bullets, using Hornday 1x brass and cci450's. This is all for my howa 20" HB, and I had tested OAL's for both bullets, the pro hunters look to go 2.240, the Gold dots 2.340. The
                    Last edited by rickOshay; 12-13-2019, 12:26 AM.

Comment

• A5BLASTER
                      Chieftain
                      • Mar 2015

Originally posted by Scrape hunter View Post
                      Could you feller's tell me if there is any info pertaining to the 120 speer gold dot bullet in these 6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks ?Thinking about ordering these handbooks I really like this particle bullet and would like to learn all i could about it's good qualities and it's bad qualities...
                      Speer has some laod data and bullet data on their website for the 120 gold dot.

I have it on my phone vie pdf.

They used a 24 inch universal reciver so velocity's list are for that length.

Power pro 2000 mr showed the most speed at just over 2600 fps.

I don't have any of that myself but they show data for varget. And since I would be useing this bullet as a 300 yard and closer hunting bullet the varget data is what most interest me of the data they listed.

Google 120 gold dot 6.5 grendel data and it should come up.

Comment

• rickOshay
                        Warrior
                        • Apr 2012

Scrape Hunter - there is a nice search engine for the Grendel forum:

Grendel Forum Search

If you enter gold dot, there are several hits from posts on the 120gr Gold Dot with a variety of powders.

Comment

• Scrape hunter
                          Bloodstained
                          • Aug 2019

Thanks for the info .

Comment

Working...
                          X