• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Armadillo66
    Bloodstained
    • Dec 2017

Federal 120gr Fusion ammo

I tried out the 120gr softpoint Federal Fusion ammo for the upcoming Oklahoma deer season next weekend. Shot tight groups for me out of my 18" barrel. The Fusion grouped tighter than Hornady SST loads, which I had been unhappy with and have just now rounded up enough reloading stuff to be able to start working on a 125gr Nosler Partition hunting load, but probably won't have time to get it sighted in before season opens next Saturday, so I will just go with the Fusion since it grouped so good. When I pulled out of the driveway this morning, I saw a buck had made a new rub last night, right next to where we keep our trash cans at the end of the driveway. I would love to have him show up next weekend for fajitas on the grill.
  • A5BLASTER
    Chieftain
    • Mar 2015

My 16 inch loves that ammo. It's the only hunting ammo I use in that rifle. Took a 3 point Friday evening. Fusion bullet destroyed a vertebra and severed the spine in half. Traveled through bout 22 inches of deer and came to rest under the skin on the offside.

Comment

• 1075 tech
      Warrior
      • Apr 2015

Shoots well from my 16" AA barrel. I've taken several whitetail with it. Not as explosive as the SST. My Howa 20" is...meh.. with the Fusion but is a laser with SSTs and Black.
      '

Comment

• biodsl
        Chieftain
        • Aug 2011

AR15.com just put up a gel test.

Paul Peloquin

Did government credibility die of Covid or with Covid?

Comment

• Double Naught Spy
          Chieftain
          • Sep 2013

Originally posted by biodsl View Post
          AR15.com just put up a gel test.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MfucPuJ-e64
          I wish they drew conclusions based on more round fired.
          Kill a hog. Save the planet.
          My videos - https://www.youtube.com/user/HornHillRange

Comment

Working...
          X