X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
    Unwashed
    • May 2019

Lever evolution charges...

Cannot find any info for Lever evolution on the internet. Shooting 120-123s and would love to try this powder. I have read it is similar to CFE 223 but I would like to avoid the guess work for start and max loads. Thanks.
  • A5BLASTER
    Chieftain
    • Mar 2015

For the ar start at 28 grains and work up in 3 tenth grain increases.

For the bolt action start at 29 grains and work up in 3 tenth increases.

Work up over the chonagraph and stop when you see high pressure signs. A spike up or down in velocity is saying high pressure.

Hope this helps sir.

Comment

• 1Shot
      Warrior
      • Feb 2018

I gave LVR a short try with some 130 Sierra HPBT and I used the data in the Grendel loading book to go by. Since I did not have but one box of bullets I did not back off the top load listed in the book but one grain. BOY WAS THAT A MISTAKE. In my rifle even one grain from the top listed was way too much pressure. I got flat primers and ejector smears and a touch over 2500 fps from an 18" barrel and like a fool I fired three shots before I checked a piece of brass or looked at the chronograph. I have been hand loading for 40 years and it just goes to show you that complacency and it AIN"T never happened before can bite you in the butt. So when it says to back off 10% and work up slowly it really means it. I am going to do some more work with LVR when I get the time. This summer was just too hot to try to do any load work up and this time of year is really a busy time of year for me with work and hunting season. Maybe in the late winter or early spring I may get to do some shooting. Hope LVR works for you. For me IMR 8208 has been THE POWDER for 120s. No matter what powder or load or even factory ammo neither of my rifles would shoot the Hornady 123 SST much under 2".

Comment

Unwashed
        • May 2019

I narrowed down my problems to my trigger and 123 SSTs. So I want to try Lever with some ELDs and Gold Dots. The SSTs were killing me and I had no idea. I will start with 28g of Lever and work up with high hopes.

Comment

Working...
        X